Which older klipsch would be best

Futurist

I'm planing on getting the Forte's I or II I don't know which one is better... I heard them at a friends house in 1993 and they blew my mind!

But what is another Klipsch speaker that can handle LOTS of bass and volume.. kinda like the next step up maybe.. 

But with out getting to big Like Cornwall III or the klipschhorn.. Something I could fit in a hatch back..

The Chorus II or KLF-30 would be a step up from the forte, the Chorus II will handle more power than the KLF-30 without breaking apart. You might want to look into the KP series if you really want to crank things up, maybe some monitors on top of subs?

DSCN0495 (2) (1280x721).jpg

1 minute ago, jjptkd said:

The Chorus II or KLF-30 would be a step up from the forte, the Chorus II will handle more power than the KLF-30 without breaking apart. You might want to look into the KP series if you really want to crank things up, maybe some monitors on top of subs?

DSCN0495 (2) (1280x721).jpg

Wow!... Aren't those more like PA speakers?

17 minutes ago, Futurist said:

Wow!... Aren't those more like PA speakers?

They are but with the right equipment they can sound very good. The KP-250's alone are kind of hot in the mid range but the 250 II's are a bit leaner in that area so they balanced each other out. Plus I had a nice Anthem Tubed Pre paired with the warm Sunfire amplifier and PS Audio DAC, that system actually sounded extremely nice and went ridiculously loud, I mean extremely loud!  :D

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Futurist said:

But what is another Klipsch speaker that can handle LOTS of bass and volume

ChorusI's or II's Both can handle mad power. 100 watts continues 1000 watts peak!! I have them both and fed them power from Carver amps.. IMHO nothing gets those woofers woofing like a big Carver amp. Something like a TFM-42/45 or TFM-55. I'll have those power needles jumping way past that 375 watt mark and those speakers just ask for more.  My Chorus will put out more bass with one of those Carver's than two Adcom 555II's bridged! 

Also if you like the "Pro" speaker look. The Klipsch KP-362 is on another level. Those things pound.... huge bass... There like a Chorus on steroids... I have them at my shop and power them with a Carver TFM-42... talk about "chest thump" :D.... Don't see them for sale as much as the Chorus.

Also KP-301's again Chorus on steroids...

19 minutes ago, oldred said:

The Fort'e II's just seem to have a little more low end kick.

Ya know I've heard this before from other forum members.. Now I can't deny this I only have Forte'I's..... and I've never used them for 2ch. But the Chorus are rated 500 watts more then the Forte's I's or II's...... and there was a thread about someone blowing there woofer's on the Forte's..... something like that:blink2:

MKP :-)

• Like 1

How big is your room?

Forte II are a really nice balance of deep extension (deepest of the bunch), size, and reasonable sensitivity, and with the requisite power will do club-like levels in small to medium sized rooms.  For larger rooms and high spl, you would probably want to step up to something bigger, and without going into genuine Heritage models that means the Chorus II.

For something a bit more versatile that can still do "LOTS of bass and volume," how about Heresies and big, capable subs?