Heresy

Charles M

Would a pair of Heresy's work good for atmos ?

of course I would make stands to have them kind of laying down like monitors pointing to the 

ceiling . I can get a pair at a very good price?

or would it be a waste of money large.IMG_5258.JPGlarge.IMG_5257.JPGlarge.IMG_5256.JPG

3 hours ago, charles m said:

of course I would make stands to have them kind of laying down like monitors pointing to the 

ceiling . I can get a pair at a very good price?

Yes a pair of Heresys would work for Atmos.

would it be a waste of money

Not a waste of money but IMO a waste of a great pair of speakers.  I think Heresys have more value than just assigning them to Atmos duty.

Bill

Willland thanks for your info about the Heresys. Ya I was told it wouldn't work at a shop that sell Klipsch . They said that i should just buy the new   RP-140SA.

it would be a better choice. it sounds that the heresys would be an overkill ? Being a great set of speakers i would like to bring them  into my system something old

and great that would even make it sound outstanding but  ,do you think it wouldn't make a difference over all ?  

On 12/7/2016 at 0:27 AM, charles m said:

of course I would make stands to have them kind of laying down like monitors pointing to the ceiling .

No, don't do this.  The point behind Atmos enabled speakers is for them to be very directional and non-localizable so that it really sounds like the sound is coming from the ceiling.  If you take a heresy and point it upwards, you're going to immediately simply hear a heresy that is laying on its back, going to immediately be able to point to it.  That's no good.

There was a lot of research into figuring out how to pull this off both in directivity and frequency response as it pertains to the psychoacoustic effect.  The ones that pull this effect off the best is the built in modules in the RP-280FA.  Otherwise do in-ceilings if possible.  RP-140SA is a choice but they look funny sitting on RF-7ii's, sometimes can be localized, and have a bit of an issue in keeping up.  Do in-ceilings if you can.  

On 12/8/2016 at 6:34 AM, MetropolisLakeOutfitters said:

No, don't do this.  The point behind Atmos enabled speakers is for them to be very directional and non-localizable so that it really sounds like the sound is coming from the ceiling.  If you take a heresy and point it upwards, you're going to immediately simply hear a heresy that is laying on its back, going to immediately be able to point to it.  That's no good.

There was a lot of research into figuring out how to pull this off both in directivity and frequency response as it pertains to the psychoacoustic effect.  The ones that pull this effect off the best is the built in modules in the RP-280FA.  Otherwise do in-ceilings if possible.  RP-140SA is a choice but they look funny sitting on RF-7ii's, sometimes can be localized, and have a bit of an issue in keeping up.  Do in-ceilings if you can.  

Not sure about what it's about the center being so close the the ceiling?

Scratch my comment.  I now see how close it is to the top of your screen.  Are you able to tilt it down a bit more in order to aim it better at your main listening position?

Nice looking room by the way.:emotion-21:

Bill

• Like 1