Rf7ii are killing my ears

Justus

34 minutes ago, Youthman said:

That definitely doesn't sound typical of the RF-7ii.  I own the original RF-7 and they can be a bit on the bright side.  At really high volume, my ears do suffer from fatigue but nothing painful.  I have had my RF-7ii cranked really loud and no pain or fatigue there, even before I had DeanG modify the crossovers which made them even smoother.

So I have read as well. This issue may be a combo, ear infection and set up issues.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I was having the same problem with my rp280s. I was told it could be reflections off the back wall and bouncing back into the horn causing crazy things to happen. I was using the toilet paper over the tweeter and it works great. Takes just a fuzz of sparkle away. Now I'm using plastic mesh with about one third inch squares in the design. It works great and doesn't affect the highs  at all. Made speakers that hurt my head and hated into speakers I'm thrilled to call my own. Im sure my room and my older abused ears are the problem but its a problem solved.  

I not going to read the whole thread again.  Are you speakers toed in?  Klipsch are wide dispersion by nature and will beam toward you ears with more than minimal toe.  You may need to point the speakers almost straight ahead.  This will also enlarge the sweet spot.;)  The only other things to offer is a different brand of speaker.  The toilet paper things and some others is to much trouble if this is truly and ear problem.