cost effective center channel speaker

gychang

For home theater setup I have only 2 front speakers (RF-10) with a 10" subwoofer, am looking for a visually similar center speaker that is <$100.  I see the new RC-10 are around $150.

Is there an older model with "copper" color speaker material that is made for center speaker?, will other Klipsch center speakers work?

• 3 months later...
On 12/7/2016 at 7:48 PM, Scrappydue said:

you could go with the rc-10 or a rc-42 also. they also used 4.5" woofers. 

locally there is synergy C-2 center speaker on CL for $60, will this be work with RF-10 or KF-28 (I will be getting these for main room)?    thanks

Edited by gychang
more clear

On 3/25/2017 at 3:30 PM, gychang said:

locally there is synergy C-2 center speaker on CL for $60, will this be work with RF-10 or KF-28 (I will be getting these for main room)?    thanks

there is a kc25 on ebay going cheap

http://www.ebay.com/itm/KLIPSCH-Icon-KC-25-Black-Wired-Center-Channel-Center-Speaker-/401295905374?hash=item5d6f19925e:g:PNwAAOSwuxFYxLmu

have you heard these by the way? with the deals available around you the rf82ii for 229 each at frys and an rc62ii would be the value buy from hell

icon stuff is pretty rough sonically 

Totally off topic - sorry But it is a Klipsch center (I hope).

I have this insane 10" X 2 and tractrix in the middle speaker without a model number I can see.

Hoping it will work with my Khorns. Can someone identify what it is ? Did Klipsch make a 10" woofer center.

Thanks.

Srinath.

10 hours ago, Srinath said:

I have this insane 10" X 2 and tractrix in the middle speaker without a model number I can see.

Hoping it will work with my Khorns. Can someone identify what it is ? Did Klipsch make a 10" woofer center.

Klipsch is not the only manufacturer that uses a horn.  Are you sure they aren't 8" drivers?  They made 3 8" centers, but no 10" ones.

15 hours ago, Srinath said:

Thanks.

Srinath.

Sounds like an academy, 2 8 inch woofers and a k 76 horn tweeter.

On Wednesday, March 29, 2017 at 5:52 AM, Srinath said:

Thanks.

Srinath.

Pics