Just hooked up my R-28F's

michael.tate

1 hour ago, jjptkd said:

Is this for real?? :o

Well lets put it this way...I was testing them out and my son and wife walked in a he thought I had my k-horns on. Maybe not up to par with K-horns but they held their own for book shelf speakers. I was very impressed with them so much I did not want to give them to my son,,,lol. That could explain why you cant find them  for sale.

Those R28Fs should be able to piss off the neighbors no problem.

I'm going to microprocessor reset the denon when I get home and see if it makes a difference.  If it doesn't I'll start flipping for polarity to see if it changes.  Doing the reset should wipe my previous  Audyssey settings and then to get the wife and kid out of the house to recalibrate 

Edited by michael.tate

Yeah, I think this is a wiring problem.

Did you change wiring at the amp end when you installed them.  Are they possibly hooked up to a B of A and B outputs and B is not turned on.

Even very careful people make mistakes (like I do).

WMcD

We need pics of your wiring at speakers and at the AVR. There is something going on your AVR has enough power to move those woofers. Those jumper straps could be loose I have seen it a lot. You could have the AVR hooked up wrong also. Did you check the polarity of the wiring going to speakers?

12 hours ago, michael.tate said:

Yes I've just reset reset the AVR and It still sounds bad there is nothing low end or mid bass on either speaker.  Could I bi amp with another channel and remove the straps just to see if it's a power issue

Something is seriously wrong here.

Shut off the sub option and make the speakers large in stereo only mode.  If you don't have any bass, something is broken.

I need peace and quiet while running Audyssey. I have and 18mos old son who even while not in the same room will be bouncing off the walls or trying to reach ride my Doberman on the hardwood floors in the kitchen.

I reset the CPU on the AVR when the I got  home last night and everything is wiped clean, and it still sounded bad.  I flipped polarity w/ no change.  I removed the straps and reseated them with no change in performance what so ever. This was all running in stereo with no sub connected.  Ironically after I reset the CPU I can't get the center channel or surrounds to come back on 

Where are you located? You need to borrow a different receiver so you can figure this out. Pzannucci  Is right shut sub off,,,stereo mode only it is sounding like the receiver is set wrong or bad.

Don't flip polarity just confirm it is right going to all speakers. But I guess AVR can tell you if it was wrong.

I think you have to turn sub off in the AVR not just in connect it.

So did other receiver  help ?   I would not order new AVR till you make sure its not something in the your AVR set wrong. But if you got that kind of money I'm wondering why we spent 2 days trying to fix this thing..lol.  What you going to do with the old one?