Looks like cold weather next week

dtel

• Moderators
1 hour ago, derrickdj1 said:

Are you bragging dtel, lol.

No way, just hoping we don't see anything really cold here. I know many here who live North are use to cold that would panic people here so it's just a little inconvenience for them. 

I will be the first to say most people up North are tougher than me obviously. Hey I only own 2 pair of long pants, jeans, except for dress pants, everything else is shorts. :o

• Like 1

When I was in Thule, Greenland the mechanics had to put a plywood board in front of the pickup truck radiator to let the engine heat up, kerosene in the radiator instead of glycol, battery heater, head heater, tranny fluid in the differentials, chains on all four wheels with 4 wheel drive, and those plastic window inserts that stick on the inside of windows because the defroster was useless. In addition the vehicle would idle all night long while you slept or you wouldn't be able to start it in the morning. Then as the vehicle would take off in the morning with four wheel drive and chains one front wheel and one rear wheel would skid for a quarter mile before it would break loose because the grease was frozen in the bearings.

Many drivers would go 60 mph down gravel roads with chains and when the chains broke they would leave shrapnel holes in the fenders causing excessive fender replacement and Air Force consternation. Exciting times they were.

JJK

• Like 1