Groove opinions?

Harleywood

Curious as to what everyone else thinks of these Bluetooth speakers. I picked one up a few months back. Bought it because of Klipsch's reputation and personal experience with my Epic CF-2's  I needed something portable and I demand quality sound reproduction. As expected this little speaker is full of rich crisp sound. The only complaint I have is at higher volume levels it distorts to easy. It wouldn't bother me so much if the level at which it starts to distort was higher but it doesn't take much above mid level listening to push it over the edge. All in all if I had it to do over again I would have gone another route. I bought this for lazing in the hot tub and with the Jets and bubbles the level required to hear it is past its threshold from distortion. 

Mine plays loud enough for me before distorting, but I don't make it compete with a roaring hot tub! My guess is if you had measured the spl of the hot tub while sitting in it, you wouldn't have expected a 3" Bluetooth speaker to get the job done. FWIW, I turn mine up all the way, back it off one click, and control the volume from my phone. I gets pretty darn loud before distorting, at least for a 3" speaker.

• Like 1

Not knocking the speaker at all. It sounds great as expected just not the right choice for my application. I bought my daughter a Beats Pill 2.0 a couple years ago. Great sound volume and bass with little to no distortion at higher listening levels. My neighbors would complain about that thing. It costs $150 more than the Groove and of course they discontinued the larger 2.0 or I would have bought that. The Pill they offer now pales in comparison to the Groove. Just wish Klipsch would offer a higher end option. I'd gladly pay extra for  a technically better option.