How many here have tattoos?

AaronB123

• Moderators
4 hours ago, AaronB123 said:

a pretty easy decision, so I got a tattoo of one of his trucks and his name and all that on there.

Very nice, honoring your farther is as good a reason as you could ever have, it's also well done.

I only have one, it's small, peer pressure caused it. :huh: OK not peer pressure, but kid pressure, someone we knew did it when he came over. I said I could never think of anything I wanted to look at the rest of my life. The kids complained, you have been married over 35 years it's probably safe to put moms name. :mellow: So I let him do it, it hurt, I think he was trying to tattoo all the way to the bone. :unsure: Not bad really, thought about another but I still can't think of anything else I want to look at, I'll stick with scars for now. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, AaronB123 said:

Are you coming to the pilgrimage? 

Would love too, but again my wife's mother is not well.

Last year the wife and I were all set to go....we had a RV picked out at the RV rental place. Put a deposit down, blocked off the schedule at the shop....man we were set, both of us really looking forward to the trip.

Then about six weeks before the pilgrimage my wife's mom had be hospitalized....we thought this was the end for her. She pulled through, but since her health declined so quick we just can be that far from her. 

We'll make it one day.....

MKP :-)

2 hours ago, MORE KLIPSCH PLEASE said:

Would love too, but again my wife's mother is not well.

Last year the wife and I were all set to go....we had a RV picked out at the RV rental place. Put a deposit down, blocked off the schedule at the shop....man we were set, both of us really looking forward to the trip.

Then about six weeks before the pilgrimage my wife's mom had be hospitalized....we thought this was the end for her. She pulled through, but since her health declined so quick we just can be that far from her. 

We'll make it one day.....

I'm really sorry to hear that. My heart goes out to you and your family, I hope everything works out. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, MORE KLIPSCH PLEASE said:

Yea I got a few..... Got my 1st one when I was 19....

This is my last one....got this about 25 years ago.... I have been thinking about getting some done..

IMG_20161208_213342.jpg

Funny thing, I got the same tat about 38 years ago.....but down below somewhat close to the pecker LOL! It was done at biker friends house, everybody had tats but I didn't want one where everybody could see....only people on a need to know basis. Later when I got married my wife (may she rest in peace) wanted me to have it removed but I told her it stung like a mother to get it in that sensitive of an area and it was going to stay. She adjusted to the situation, but never appreciated that tat.

• Like 1

Aaron, I think that's a touching memory to your father.

As for some of the other comments....there are a couple with toooooooooo much information!

For disclosure, I have no tattoos, nor does my wife.  She has however, said once/twice that I should go get a discrete one to show my rebel side.  (not going to happen, I simply have zero interest)

It does however, amaze me at how artistic they can be.

1 hour ago, ZEUS121996 said:

On 12/8/2016 at 9:15 PM, mungkiman said:

I have 2 tattoos. The 2nd covers the first. Still trying to figure out what 3rd tattoo I want to cover the 2nd...

Ex wives names?:o:o

Mark

Many many years ago when I was teenager a bunch us were all swimming at this old quarry. There was this guy there that had a bunch of "home done" tattoo's.... On one of his arms there was a list of girls name that had X's through them.. must had ten names with X's through them:blink2:. I might have been 15 or so but even at my young age I was thinking what a dumb A$$..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MORE KLIPSCH PLEASE said:

Many many years ago when I was teenager a bunch us were all swimming at this old quarry. There was this guy there that had a bunch of "home done" tattoo's.... On one of his arms there was a list of girls name that had X's through them.. must had ten names with X's through them:blink2:. I might have been 15 or so but even at my young age I was thinking what a dumb A$$..

Ya, I am trying to be very careful to not put anything on my body that I might regret later, that's why memorial tattoo's are great. It's one of those things where you know your feelings will never change.

• Like 1