KLIPSCH KP-600 sound system

TIMB

Interested in knowing more about this system.. I have read a lot on the form.

And wondering if you have to run multiple amps or can you run the system on just one pair of amps??

Would like to get feedback from anyone who owns a pair of these and how this system sounds for a home stereo use..

Seriously thinking about buying two stacks complete with crossovers...

If you have the option to buy these for a good price with working drivers I would jump on it ASAP. Those old dance stacks are well revered here and people would not hesitate to put them in their house or garage. I personally dont know much about them but I dug up some old threads with some info. Maybe other members can chime in as well.

You haven't lived until you've heard a pair of KP-600s indoors. "Huge" is the catchword describing their sound.  It also describes the size of those monsters: two stacks of three very oversized "footlockers".  This is a Roy Delgado design, IIRC.

Reliability (i.e., "sound engineers" pushing them way too hard and breaking drivers) seems to be the only issue. 

They're really outside or arena loudspeakers, however.  If you really want to tick off your neighbors, a pair of those will do the job nicely.

Chris

• Like 1

Definitely sounds like something I would be interested in.

I currently own a pair of Klipsch tscm Pro Klipsch horns and also a pair of Klipsch cp1 Pro Cornwalls..

Do you know who I could get in contact with about buying 2 complete Stacks with crossovers???

I'm new here on the form..
so any help would be appreciated thanks Tim

TIM.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

• Moderators
12 minutes ago, TIMB said:

Do you know who I could get in contact with about buying 2 complete Stacks with crossovers???

Not sure, I would think someone would have to make the crossovers ? I can ask around.

This is how we used them a few different times. Singles at first and then double stacks, Kevin owns the 600's and amps and is nice enough to bring them out to play. The place in the pic's is where the Pilgrimage is held.  Kevin is a member here...... Kharmondds is his forum name

klipsch_lunch-116.JPG

rodneys_place-021.JPG

rodneys_10_2015-10.JPG

rodneys_place-004.JPG

rodneys_10_2015-02.JPG

• Like 1

Yup that's what I'm interested in two stacks like that is shown in the pictures....

I've read in the past on the form there's some guys that have like 24 stacks surely someone might be interested in selling a pair lol..

Yeah I sure wish I could talk to someone they could tell me if this system has to be ran on multiple amps or if it can be ran on just one pair of amps

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
On Friday, December 09, 2016 at 5:42 PM, TIMB said:

Yup that's what I'm interested in two stacks like that is shown in the pictures....

I've read in the past on the form there's some guys that have like 24 stacks surely someone might be interested in selling a pair lol..

Yeah I sure wish I could talk to someone they could tell me if this system has to be ran on multiple amps or if it can be ran on just one pair of amps

TIMB,

The biggest KP-600 rig that was ever sold was the 32 box system that was flown in the New Orleans convention center, and I found that system with 2 boxes missing. Two stacks of Kevin Harmons 4 stack rig or 6 boxes, came from THAT exact system, Roy Delgato got 4 boxes, and I got the remaining 20 boxes. The largest privately owned KP-600 rig ever sold, was 30 boxes, or 10 stacks. Two guys had 8 stacks, or 24 boxes, so I think you are thinking of 24 boxes, NOT 24 stacks. KP-600s were close to $10,000 a stack MSRP with a KP-600 EQ back around 1989. Presently I have 20 boxes with drivers, and 7 boxes that are empty. When I am finished, I plan on having 9 stacks, or 27 boxes, and no, I do not want to sell any of them at this time.   :)

Roger