Jubbed up 5.1 to 7.1 conversion

Cantilope

21 hours ago, wvu80 said:

Would you care to describe a bit more what we are looking at with regards to your amps?  I'm not sure what your per-procsessor is.  I see a rack in the left rear, a tube amp on the left side Belle and I'm not sure what is on the right side Belle.

Dave, I use the Oppo as a pre/pro (on the right). It does my input switching and volume control, plus it processes all my SACD, MP4, DVD, and Blu-ray content from the network. The oppo's 8 outputs are divided with the R,L,C and LFE going into the Xilica and the surround feeding directly into the Crown d75As. I use the Oppo level adjustments and delay for the four rear channels. The Xilica outs go into the 6 Channel amp which are coupled directly to the drivers of the jubes and the MEH.

The 6 channel amp is built into the pull out drawer. You can read about my 6 channel AMP here:

As far as what is seen in the photo, you are correct that is a SSE Tube amp (on the left) that I built that I use for a conversation piece. The stack in the corner is my stable of First Watt Clones, I swap amps around from time to time and store them here. None of these are in service as of now. I moved the working stack into my mechanical room, out of site. You can see that below. The furman power switches allow me to turn on 2 channel or HT separately. Not a bad stack for 14 channels...

IMG_6778.thumb.jpg.37c9f4dc3ae6f54dfda345e3f8e84ba7.jpg

• Thanks 1