Heresy II + Quintet surrounds?

thekingofstyle

Hey guys,

I'm looking at adding to my Home Theater system that has been pieced together over the years. 

I have a room that's ~13ft * 8ft wide and 8 ft tall. Quite small, with the couch against the back wall. 

I have Heresy IIs as Left and Right, with Mirage FRx-C-1 Center speaker. 

Just ordered an SVS SB-1000 subwoofer

Trying to decide between Quintets and R-14m as surround speakers. 

I need some really tiny speakers to use as surrounds, since I don't have much room between the wall and couch. Staying within the Klipsch name to match the Heresy IIs, I'm looking at 2 of the individual Quintets or the R-14m. I don't think I can go any bigger in depth than the R-14m, and I don't think I can do in-wall. Maybe in-ceiling. 

Which of those do you think would work better or do you have another recommendation?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by thekingofstyle

Neither quintet nor R-14m would necessarily match the Heresies, but for surround it's really not absolutely essential anyway, so go with something small that fits your placement restrictions and covers the listening area.  

As for another recommendation, the center, optimally, should match the Heresies, and the best bet would be to use another Heresy.  Three identical speakers across the front pays pretty significant dividends, so if you could accommodate a Heresy as a center, I would lose the Mirage and prioritize that over surround speakers.  Another thing, consider throwing that sub in a corner.  Small, sealed subs typically roll off exactly the opposite that corner loading tends to reinforce, and that sub will need all the help it can get to keep up with your mains...your small room is in your favor, it won't take much to pressurize it. 

Thanks for the suggestion - 2 people on separate forums have suggested a third Heresy in the center. Not sure where I will find just 1 Heresy, but I'll keep an eye out. I've also read about the Academy but that seems near impossible to find. I might remove the mirage center entirely.

I don't play too loud, so not worried about the sub, and it gets really good reviews for its size, so that's good too.