FS: Heresy HIP black (pair)

pat_in_dfw

I've read posts here on this forum claiming that the HIPs are the best sounding Heresy ever made.  This is the original Heresy HIP with the black textured finish.  Sound is great, the finish needs a bit of touch-up paint, but nothing that can't be fixed with some paint.  I recently bought some LaScalas and don't have anything left to play these on or a room where I could set them up. I really don't want to sell them because they sound FANTASTIC - just not as good as the LaScalas.  My wife says I have the speakers I want in the media room (LaScalas) and bedroom (Chorus), but the living room is forced to use a lesser speaker that doesn't sound as good because the looks blend into the decor better.  As great as these sound, "blending in" aesthetically is not one of the strong attributes of these.  Asking $700 for the pair.  Located in Dallas area.

Specs:
Frequency Response: 90 - 17,000 +-5 db
Maximum Input Power: 125 watts

Drivers:
Woofer: Klipsch 12" K-42
Mid: Klipsch K-55V on K-700 horn
Tweeter: Klipsch K-77 horn tweeter

Crossover: Type HIE (edit - corrected from my original copy/paste of specs I found on the internet)

Dimensions: 21 3/8"H x 15 1/2" W x 13 1/8" D
Weight: 54 lbs

Heresey HIP (1).jpg

Heresey HIP (2).jpg

Heresey HIP (3).jpg

Heresey HIP (4).jpg

Edited by pat_in_dfw
corrected crossover type mentioned in original post

Yes, these are HIP's and mighty fine speakers! It would help to know which drivers are actually inside, might want to remove the back covers and take pictures. I know there are a few different sets of drivers used in this model, I've seen the standard, single phase plug k-55v with the push pin connectors, the dual phase plug soldered connector k-55v's, I've seen the k-55m's and even the k-52's. Also, the early models had the k-42 EV (Electro-Voice,) which is more desirable than the later k-42 Eminence driver.

Also, I've never heard of the AA-H crossover, is that the same as the HIE?

Anyway, good luck with your sale!

19 hours ago, jjptkd said:

Yes, these are HIP's and mighty fine speakers! It would help to know which drivers are actually inside, might want to remove the back covers and take pictures. I know there are a few different sets of drivers used in this model, I've seen the standard, single phase plug k-55v with the push pin connectors, the dual phase plug soldered connector k-55v's, I've seen the k-55m's and even the k-52's. Also, the early models had the k-42 EV (Electro-Voice,) which is more desirable than the later k-42 Eminence driver.

Thanks for the comment and request. I'll open them up later this evening and take a look at the exact drivers and post pictures.

On 12/12/2016 at 0:00 PM, jjptkd said:

I edited the crossover type - it was the HIE.  I copied / pasted the specs from something I found on the internet.

It is the K42-E driver.  Pics attached.

20161214_075346.jpg

20161214_075315.jpg

• 1 year later...