R-14M or RB-41 match with RB3 close

MychaelP

I see the amazing deals this holiday season. Need a surround pair to match closely with my RB-3's. I received some advice awhile back on here to go with RB-41's. But the R-14M's are really on sale lately. Thoughts? I'd like to jump on a deal this evening if I can. Going without surrounds for too long now since my old ones died.

10 minutes ago, IbizaFlame said:

The R-14M's are absolutely nothing like the RB-3.  If you're going with surrounds, you're best with either another set of RB-3's, RB-41's, 51's, or 61's, or RS-3's.

thanks. I had guessed that, but didn't have the time today to research it further. I was actually tempted to go with RB-81's and replace the RB-3's, move them to the back, but they're just too big to wall-mount for my wife to like it.

I wonder if the RP-15M is much better. Klipsch has a 50% off on their site today I see, and those are on sale in addition to 50% off.

Thanks again,   loving that Klipsch sound since I switched from B&W 2 years ago.

Edited by MychaelP

5 minutes ago, IbizaFlame said:

RS-3's are the advertised recommended speaker, and depending on where you place them may be a better bet.  I would advise that you consider them - they shouldn't have any trouble keeping up with the RB-3's.

I bet you're right. I want to go with more direct sounding surrounds though for future upgrade to Atmos. I think I'll wait for a deal on the RB-41's used. After the holiday there may be ton on craigslist or ebay I think due to everyone upgrading or receiving gifts. Thanks again for the honest opinions.