La Scalas in Texas. Looks like 'The Real Deal' on CL. $800.

pmsummer

1 minute ago, jason str said:

Ad says " original wood finish " just wanted to clarify for interested parties.

It does look pretty good, probably paid more than the asking price for the veneer work itself.

Looks like a pawn shop. Hard to tell. Definitely decorator/industrials.

EDIT:  Scam alert:  The pictures in the CL listing have been changed.  Buyer beware.

The price is on the low-average side, meaning great deal for the buyer assuming all drivers work.

The XO isn't listed, but I see the K-55-V mid driver, which I most always associate with the Type AA.

This will make a nice Christmas gift for someone. 

12 hours ago, pzannucci said:

Based on the K-55, likely AA that need to be redone.  If the second front looks as good as the first, they may be pretty nice.

I am debating on going to look at them but not sure I have the room. :lol:  Something may have to go.

living.jpg

I see your point about lack of space!   

Fortunately for you, I've analyzed your situation and have a solution; you need to knock down a wall and build yourself an adequate listening space.  B)

+++

I just noticed your location, "Central Texas."  That's like a boat whose exact location is "central Pacific ocean."  :lol:

I flew into DFW once but missed my connection to get to San Antonio so I had to grab a rental car.  To this day I'm not exactly sure where I was in Texas, but I can tell you speaking as a guy from a little state, San Antonio is a long way from anywhere! 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, kg4guy said:

They are nice and look to be commercial La scala as the rear crossover opening had a panel at one time that was only on the LSI .

EDIT:  Scam alert:  The pictures in the CL listing have been changed.  Buyer beware.

I had to look twice, but I see what you mean.  The LS for sale also has a black color on the back, which is not on a standard LS.

The price of the LS in San Antonio is really reasonable, but in general the LSI selling price is a bit lower than the standard LS.  But to me, the refinish job looks first class and I would inflate the value rather than deflate from the $1250 average.  (that average is lower for some parts of the country like Chicago)

Depending on what the buyer wants, it looks to my eyes like an above average wood finish, at below market value price.