Pro Media 2.1

Pro Media 2.1

I purchased the Pro Media 2.1, not for my computer, but for home theater. It is a gem. The sound is all you'd want for apartment listening. The sub is more than powerful. I loved it but had to return because the auxiliary port was dead.

I have only a couple of suggestions for improving this unit. First, it needs an off/on ability. There is none so you have to leave it on. Second, it needs either a remote or a way to control via the receiver unit. Third,  little extra line from the sub to the main speaker would allow better placement of the speaker and thus, better sound, if that's possible. Last, sub control is all but non-existent. There is a dial but it barely moves leaving only the volume. I understand these improvements would add to the cost but...it'd be worth it.

Since it's designed as a computer setup, I really don't see the need for a remote or more speaker wire.  I mean, they come with more than enough for a typical computer configuration.  Most people would position the speaker with the control pod where they can control the pod.  As for the power, it doesn't really draw anything when there's no audio running through it, so I dunno if that's a need.

Might want to look at the Quintet's and a SUB-10. ;)