Best banana plugs/speaker wire and sub cable?

Hydroman

12 hours ago, twistedcrankcammer said:

Two sets of terminals are for the option of bi-amping period!

Klipsch first marketed its two sets of speaker posts toward bi-wiring (while PWK was still alive), now they market them toward both bi-wiring and bi-amping. To do bi-amping correctly you need to disconnect the speakers passive crossover and use active crossovers, I've never tried it. I did try bi-amping once using my Emotiva XPA-5, five channels as bi-amped fronts and a center I heard no improvement with this.

At any rate wiring always opens a huge can of worms and gets everyone arguing their opinions often nearly to the point of an all out war.

For me the best speaker cables I have had in my system I made using Mogami 2921 quad wire as bi-wired cable and yes I heard a difference in improved clarity.

Personally I have found I can improve my system through trying different wiring. I use it to all of its advantages to improve the sound, improve the looks, protect against unwanted noise with speaker cables, interconnects and power cables.

I even use wiring to also make my system operate much more reliably and dependably through triggers, hard wired IR connections together with an RF remote. I can reliably control most operations of my system from anywhere in or outside of my home and I never need to point my remote.

I have made most of the wires/cables in my system and carefully chosen the rest because I try to get the very most sound quality, appearance and performance from my system and I care very much about it.

What other people want to do with their systems or their wiring is a matter of personal choice and everyone has varying opinions.

6 minutes ago, Rich_Guy said:

Klipsch first marketed its two sets of speaker posts toward bi-wiring (while PWK was still alive), now they market them toward both bi-wiring and bi-amping. To do bi-amping correctly you need to disconnect the speakers passive crossover and use active crossovers, I've never tried it. I did try bi-amping once using my Emotiva XPA-5, five channels as bi-amped fronts and a center I heard no improvement with this.

At any rate wiring always opens a huge can of worms and gets everyone arguing their opinions often nearly to the point of an all out war.

For me the best speaker cables I have had in my system I made using Mogami 2921 quad wire as bi-wired cable and yes I heard a difference in improved clarity.

Personally I have found I can improve my system through trying different wiring. I use it to all of its advantages to improve the sound, improve the looks, protect against unwanted noise with speaker cables, interconnects and power cables.

I even use wiring to also make my system operate much more reliably and dependably through triggers, hard wired IR connections together with an RF remote. I can reliably control most operations of my system from anywhere in or outside of my home and I never need to point my remote.

I have made most of the wires/cables in my system and carefully chosen the rest because I try to get the very most sound quality, appearance and performance from my system and I care very much about it.

What other people want to do with their systems or their wiring is a matter of personal choice and everyone has varying opinions.

First off, mine is NOT my opinion, mine is based in Electrical law. Law is both provable, repeatable, and measurable, yours is absolutely based on opinion and conjecture based on what you perceive to hear, but not provable nor scientific.

The article referenced shows a computer generated image to show what the author is trying to sell, any competent 12 year old could also create such an image.

If the author were capable of substantiating a new law of electricity, he would br a known name for the next hundred years after he is dead, so if it is true and repeatable why not publish the paper and become famous? The simple answer is it is 100% bull shit and I suspect he even knows it is.

Finally,  In reference to your perceived sound enhancement is, I would ask you if you know what a Obecalp is?? Every Doctor on here knows exactly what this is, I guarantee you that JWC knows EXACTLY what this is. I am highly intelligent, but not being a smart *** here!!! Please look this term up and also look up the clinically proven success rate of using this on patients is from there own perceived benefits from using it?

All I have to say about your improved miraculous increase in fidelity of your system is that  the mind is absolutely is a wonderful thing.

Patiently waiting for you to explain to the group what a Obecalp is and what it's effective working improvement rate is amongst users is?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Justus said:

Im keeping my lowes outdoor lighting 12awg wire

I don't know how to break this to you gently....so I'll just break it to you....

The outdoor lighting wire at Home Depot has more bloom & depth than the (same) wire bought from Lowes...

Sorry to be the one to burst your bubble... :huh:

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Coytee said:

I don't know how to break this to you gently....so I'll just break it to you....

The outdoor lighting wire at Home Depot has more bloom & depth than the (same) wire bought from Lowes...

But that is only true with Jubilees Richard!

How do you expect the average Klipsch customer to even comprehend such a bold, beautiful, and true statement?

It's just too much to take in at once!

Rog

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Coytee said:

No depot nearby, should i switch to the aluminums at walmart?

I know they have RCA brand, and RCA stands for Really Colorful Acoustics right?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Justus said:

I know they have RCA brand, and RCA stands for Really Colorful Acoustics right?

Indeed...

2 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

Menard's

You mean Massively Electronic Nano-Amp Richly Diaelectric Sh**?

(you did know that is how they got their name, didn't you?)

Made the sound a bit too strident for my tastes...

:ph34r:

• Like 2

The wires don't split the frequencies. Come on everybody knows that. The crossover network and speakers do that. In a bi wired setup do you think a 100 watt amplifier puts a 50 watt full frequency signal into the low freq wire and 50 watts into the high freq wire and the power that is not needed by either just magically goes away?

6 hours ago, babadono said:

Let's be accurate. Power(wattage) is equal to the voltage squared divided by the resistance.

So let's be accurate it's P over I and E

Power / Wattage is equal to I / Amperage times E / Voltage

I / Amperage equals Power / Wattage Divided by E / Voltage

And.... E / Voltage equals Power / Wattage divided by I / Amperage

That is Ohms Law.

Roger

2 hours ago, babadono said:

The wires don't split the frequencies. Come on everybody knows that. The crossover network and speakers do that. In a bi wired setup do you think a 100 watt amplifier puts a 50 watt full frequency signal into the low freq wire and 50 watts into the high freq wire and the power that is not needed by either just magically goes away?

Was this also addressed to me or just who are you addressing?

Are you frickin Drunk???

Roger

• Like 1

5 hours ago, babadono said:

Seems like the story ive been hearing... and here i thought all these hdmi cables were so trick, it appears some have even smarter speaker cables.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, babadono said:

WOW..... and do you also think if there is a Y in a 70 mph freeway everyone is expected to slow to 35 mph after the Y?

Been using the following:

-Deltron banana plugs. They make many types, but I purchased the basic nickel-plated kind with the crimp/solder joint (#579-0500).

-Monoprice 14AWG 4 wire CL2  for anything bi-amped.

-Sub cable is a mix of Monoprice, RG6 coax from CableWholesale, and 12 ga. from HD.

I'll leave it to anyone else to debate whether this constitutes "the best".  However, I will say without a doubt that for this particular system, it constitutes "enough".

DeltronBanana.jpg