klipsch P-312w

Charles M

Has anyone heard of the P-312w giving anyone problems ? Mind has quit two  times in the last year , paid over $3000.00 for this sub and sorry klipsch but i am pissed .

it's still under warranty thanks god but what happens when it runs out ? right now i am shaking my head ! I was to believe this sub is the best that Klipsch has for the home ,

I had a RSW 12 used it for a few years gave it to my son .He has had it for about 6 years now nothing wrong . I also had a RSW 15  no problems till i had a flood and it was tossed , almost cried about that !  Maybe this is why they don't make the  P-312w any more for the line was  shut down . if anyone that has one please let me know and thanks  

I had one for about six months with zero issues. Sold it. I've read of lots of issues with the display part of it. I HATE amplifiers that anything more than just a plate amp. Just more stuff to break down the road. Personally the best subs are the same as speakers. Passive with external amp. I build my own subs now, BUT if I were gonna buy klipsch subs now it would be a pair of the thx ultra subs and the external thx amp klipsch makes to run them.  

• Like 2

Thanks for your input .  they are going to fix it , but I feel I might 

sell it also ? The sounds is great but do I trust it 

after they replace the parts that went ? Lots 

of money for this sub ! 

IMG_5432.JPG

I almost bought a matching Palladium subwoofer a while back but I have never been impressed with any Klipsch sub I have ever owned so I decided to look elsewhere. 

It's great Klipsch is standing by the product but it might be a good idea to get out while the getting is good. You will no doubt lose money, especially since that sub is being closed out but there are brands like HSU, SVS, Rythmik and PSA that have better performance for much less. 

You wouldn't be that much out of pocket selling the Palladium sub and picking up something like dual SB-13 Ultras or dual ULS-15 MK II's.  

The only Klipsch subs that I am even remotely curious about are the THX subs Scrappy mentioned above. 

Still a HUGE Klipsch supporter, just sharing my thoughts..

The other alternative to selling it if you really like and want the set to match, is to get an external amp like the I Nukes on sale and convert the sub to a passive box.  This could also be done at a later date.  Sometimes you loose more money selling gear.  Converting it to a passive sub is not very difficult and can be done under $350.  All problems solved and more control over the low end.

I have a pair of p312w's still in boxes waiting to be setup as soon as I finish renovating my new living room. I've heard/read nothing but great things about these subs (price/performance ratio aside of course) so I hope that Klipsch is able to resolve your issues for good and that I don't see any problems from mine. You mentioned that yours has quit on you twice before, may I ask what part(s) of the sub pooped the bed previously? Amp? Driver? Display?

The light panel was having problems at first , Wouldn't  shut off and I keep asking the place where I  got it and they said it was all ok . I knew something was wrong but I gave them a chance and a month later it went so they replaced the amp . 

I dont think they replace the light panel just the amp so that believe that is why it has had again .I am hoping it does get fix right this time for I  brought it to a different shop ! You got two , even as this is happening I am jealous you got two ! Lol they are great in the sound if they are working, lol I believe mind was make on a Monday or Friday . 

On 12/19/2016 at 7:21 AM, Scrappydue said:

I had one for about six months with zero issues. Sold it. I've read of lots of issues with the display part of it. I HATE amplifiers that anything more than just a plate amp. Just more stuff to break down the road. Personally the best subs are the same as speakers. Passive with external amp. I build my own subs now, BUT if I were gonna buy klipsch subs now it would be a pair of the thx ultra subs and the external thx amp klipsch makes to run them.  

13 hours ago, K5SS said:

I almost bought a matching Palladium subwoofer a while back but I have never been impressed with any Klipsch sub I have ever owned so I decided to look elsewhere. 

It's great Klipsch is standing by the product but it might be a good idea to get out while the getting is good. You will no doubt lose money, especially since that sub is being closed out but there are brands like HSU, SVS, Rythmik and PSA that have better performance for much less. 

You wouldn't be that much out of pocket selling the Palladium sub and picking up something like dual SB-13 Ultras or dual ULS-15 MK II's.  

The only Klipsch subs that I am even remotely curious about are the THX subs Scrappy mentioned above. 

What if Klipsch made an all new designed RF7ll based 15" sub? 

I thought the RSW-15 I owned was a fine sub. If Klipsch could keep the price under $1,500, a new "top shelf" subwoofer would likely sell well.

Problem arises when you place a sub like a Rythmik FV15HP ($1,500) next to any Klipsch offerings... That said, bring on a 15", $1,500, no holds barred Klipsch subwoofer. I would love to see it! 

3 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

I'd like to see a nice 15 in a horn enclosure for the home offered from Klipsch.  

Has this been done before?  Is there such a product currently available?

Klipsch has been knocking out subs for a long time.  I think they have the engineering know-how to produce great subs at any price point, anytime they want to.

On 12/19/2016 at 9:25 PM, K5SS said:

The Klipsch p-312w is a great sub and I loved the bass and movement of the feeling of it !

it is out of this world, I just believe I got one that was made on a Monday or Friday! 

Oh you never liked the Klipsch RSW 15 ? 

That was one great sub also .

On 12/20/2016 at 0:30 PM, charles m said:

The light panel was having problems at first , Wouldn't  shut off and I keep asking the place where I  got it and they said it was all ok . I knew something was wrong but I gave them a chance and a month later it went so they replaced the amp . 

I dont think they replace the light panel just the amp so that believe that is why it has had again .I am hoping it does get fix right this time for I  brought it to a different shop ! You got two , even as this is happening I am jealous you got two ! Lol they are great in the sound if they are working, lol I believe mind was make on a Monday or Friday . 

Hopefully it was just laziness on the part of the first repair shop and that this shop gets you fixed up right. I have read of one or two other instances where the display died on these subs so I'll have to keep an eye on that when I get mine set up.

I was fortunate as far as getting two, my wife likes to have the room look/feel balanced and didn't like the idea of just one sub on one side up front (and my placement options are limited so that's where it's going to have to live). I know I could have gotten the same performance or better for far less money, but the HT has to be in the main living space in the house so we both agreed it needed to look good and stylish in addition to sounding kick-arse. Fortunately for me, she loves the look of the palladium line (in addition to preferring the sound of horn loaded speakers and being a rock/metal fan), and me being the wonderful husband I am, I agreed that the best option was dual p312w's :D

Edited by BlueJester
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

The story just got worst ! I sent my sub in and they dropped and  damaged it  ! Incredible

they want to get a  Carpenter and wood finisher to fix it ! Don't think so , they need to give me a new one !