Trade Infinity Overture 3 for Klipsch RF7II

YuppSi

Well, not trade. I want to sell the Overtures and buy a pair of RF7II's. The

I own a pair of Infinity Overture 3 and use Yamaha AX-1050 (and Yamaha cdx 1060 & Yamaha tx-950) to power them. Now I would like to switch to a pair of Klipsch RF-7II.
In my room stands an impressive Yamaha tower:Yamaha AX-1050 amp, Yamaha cdx 1060 & Yamaha tx-950). My question...  is my Yamaha amplifier suitable for the Klipsch RF-7II?
Because of Spotify I hardly use the CD or Tuner so I could sell the whole set.

Most of the times I listen music on a Klipsch Ifi set (I own 3, one of them new in sealed box. ;-) )

After writing my post I sat down and listened to.... Fragile (Sting), Rosanna (Toto), Jack Miraculous (Gino Vannelli), Gaucho (Steely Dan), Never Go back again (Fleetwood Mac), Crazy on you (Heart) and Don't give up (Peter Gabriel).
Wow... I am not sure now. I heard a pair of Klipsch RF7 at a friends place. But sell my Overtures????????

I would love to compare....

I recently picked up a pair of Overture 3s. I really like them. They're higher efficiency, with an elliptical horn waveguide for the tweeter. I'm a fan of larger Klipsch also, but these are very nice sounding speakers in a narrow cabinet, which is nice if room is a constraint. I say, take your speakers over and compare them! :-) You might be surprised. The Infinity were pretty expensive when they were new, nothing against the Klipsch. 

• 9 months later...

So I decided to stick with my Infinity speakers. But I had to do some maintenance on my amplifier and the Klipsch issue still lingererd in my mind. Today I checked the Klipsch RF63 B price and they are €600 a pair now. Wondering if I should buy a pair just to compare.

• 5 weeks later...

So today I bought 2 brand new Klipsch RF 63 speakers. Lately I have been listening a lot more to my Infinity Overtures and really started to re-appreciate them. I can hardly imagine that the Klipsch can surpass them ... jejeje. The reason I didnt listen to them a lot are my Klipsc iFi speakers that are connected to my computer. The sound is very good, not your typical computer speaker. I have 4 iFi sets: one at my desk, one that I take to parties sometimes... or festivals (with a big car battery and converter), one in the bedroom and one brand new in a box as backup.

But tomorrow the RF63 set is coming. There will be a lot of listening and comparing going on here... have already a big list ready in Spotify. I will let you guys know round next year what's the verdict.

;-)

• 2 months later...
On 1/18/2018 at 11:09 AM, YuppSi said:

So.. the RF63 are pretty good speakers in my humble opinion. But the RF-7 MKII have arrived.. so back in the box and ready to be sold.
Now let's see if the Infinity Overture 3 set can hold their ground
;-)

xxx.jpg

Congrats on the RF7lls, awesome speakers. Great photo.

OK, yesterday I sold my RF63 set. New owner was completely crazy about them. And I must say... they sound great. Even the bass sounds real defined.. but compared to the RF7 MKII they loose it for me. Highs on both sets are a bit harsh (amp in neutral) on higher volumes. Now the RF63's are gone I placed back the Infitiy Overtures. Yesterday we had some sort of a party and I switched a few times: with real high volume the infinities are no match for the RF7's. Will do some relaxed listening but I think I have already made up my mind....
Because of what girls say... hahaha