Jubilee advice needed.

RSVRMAN

^^^^^

Thanks for the links to your Jube observations. Well written and would seem to cover the "shock and awe" most experience on initial sittings. At this point I hesitate to offer or expund any more or, any less for that matter. Your words are well chosen and to the point and wisely I believe, do not point to the advantages over any other in the hierarchy from the Heritage line I.e. Klipschorn in particular. But after 50 continuous years of design and technological improvements it would seem logical that PWK uncovered advantages of the Jube bass bin coupled with Mr. Bonehead's 402 design that the complete Jubilee package would run to the head of the pack. 

They seem to do most everything well, quite well, with various amplifier types, at high and low volume settings. Considering their commercial and theatre design background their "live" sound should be no surprise. Not just live but a smooth, balanced live; played at very moderate levels I think it safe to say they are almost creamy as they envelope the room from front soundstage, sides to the back row. I'm blessed with a room with perfect corners, 22 feet bin to bin, sitting back 21 feet with another 10 feet behind, rafter open 8 foot ceilings with enough enclosed duct work for good diffraction. In no way do the Jubes impose themselves in this room but I think add a very nice compliment. This is not our main living space so looks, WAF,  mean nothing rather my wife only adds "looks like we need to sell some stuff" and yes we will. And she adds Happy Birthday as mineis actually   tomorrow. She rolls her her eyes at times but understands. 

As my forum buddy Zim told me, you may as well buy them and be done looking. A wise man he is. If you like Klipsh, and horns, and have the space I do believe I have reached the top ofmthe mountain. I thought that with KHorns these made me a believer. Hearing them at Hope a couple times I often wondered what the in home experience might be - well worth the chance.

Although this paragraph may get buried I do want to shout out to the seller Kevin S. for his help with this transaction. Went above and beyond although he should have pressed me harder to buy them during my waffling for a couple day. Original boxes were well packed, clean, good condition, well marked for shipping. Drove them to the freight company, two pickups I understand, some 50 miles. Arrived in perfect condition in their new home. Kevin is an avid buff who I'm sure isn't finished yet but rest assured when he pops up here again, buy with confidence. Thanks Kevin. 

• Like 2

• Moderators

Happy Birthday, I think you did very well this year. :emotion-19:

Also as ZIM more or less said, you saved money in the long run. Great size room for them to breath a little. So did the wife say anything about how they sounded ? 

• Like 1

She enjoys them but then again she has said that for all that proceded - CW's, Belles, Forte, LS and KHorns. When most gear was in the living area she listened a lot more now that are downstairs not so much She leaves me to my own devices and me hers. She enjoys crafts, watching her TV shows. Oh and cars, she likes cars, NEW ones, has her eye on a new Merc. At this point what can I say - sure dear, what color ?!?!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 3/7/2017 at 2:38 PM, Khornukopia said:

RSVRMAN, Have you returned from your overseas trip and are back home listening to your new Jubilees ?

I have returned. However still waiting shipment. I had my dealer delay them a few weeks just to ensure they wouldn't arrive when I was gone, but they also got busy during that time so a bit more of a delay. Since mine will have a veneer option they have to build them, as the black bass bins may be in stock. I'm glad to hear they are busy and I'm fine with the wait as they will be done right.

But.... I'm starting to stalk every big box truck that goes down the road. Just hope for a hassle free carful delivery. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RSVRMAN said:

I have returned. However still waiting shipment. I had my dealer delay them a few weeks just to ensure they wouldn't arrive when I was gone, but they also got busy during that time so a bit more of a delay. Since mine will have a veneer option they have to build them, as the black bass bins may be in stock. I'm glad to hear they are busy and I'm fine with the wait as they will be done right.

But.... I'm starting to stalk every big box truck that goes down the road. Just hope for a hassle free carful delivery. 

From this point on... RSVRMAN will be known as, "The Stalker"

Be patient, it will be worth the wait.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HPower said:

From this point on... RSVRMAN will be known as, "The Stalker"

Be patient, it will be worth the wait.

Haha I hope that nickname doesn't stick! My poor mailman. Every time he delivers, he sees me at the window like.....

IMG_3439.JPG

• Like 1

On 12/26/2016 at 10:58 AM, Chris A said:

Yes, but not any more than with Khorns, La Scalas, and Belles, etc.  I've found that using balanced (XLR) connections helps a lot with line noise from electrical power (60/120 Hz). I wouldn't be happy without balanced connections--personally.

If your requirements include HDMI 2.0, then...I'd figure a way to have that extra $1300 in my pocket...to get it right now. 

My requirements don't include that one however.  I'm in it for the sound, first and foremost--something that doesn't become obsolete relatively speaking versus extra pixels.  The prices drop to sub-$1K for a very good AVP when you drop the requirement for 2.0 currently.  I plan to wait 12-18 months to pick up a top-of-the-line refurbished AVP with HDMI 2.0 (and perhaps Atmos--but probably not) and put the older AVP on a portable system that I'm planning...

...but that's just me.

I find that AV electronics depreciate rapidly, which is another way of saying that the profit margins or the pace of obsolescence are pretty inflated for new electronics.  I'll let someone else take that steep depreciation.

But it's your choice, not mine.

Chris

Mr. Chris,

I ordered my Jubilee's last week, and my receiver ( which will be my pre-amp ) and two power amps all have only RCA connections. Whichever active crossover I buy, will only have XLR connections. I will have to buy many RCA to XLR, and XLR to RCA connection cables. Do you think it would be better to just buy a couple Crown D-75A amps, or stick with what I have and hope for no noise issues ? All opinions and experiences are welcome, and appreciated.Thanks...    

I totally agree with Chris.

I was also overly worried about having balanced equipment throughout.

I eventually have ended up with a mixture of connections within the system and have zero noise issues.

Sonic Frontiers Line 1 preamp which is XLR to XLR to Xilica XP4080.

XP4080 goes XLR to XLR to Classe CA-150 for bass bins.

XP4080 goes XLR to RCA  to Triode Labs 2A3 SET amp for 402 (via Neutrik XLR - RCA connector at XP out)

http://www.parts-express.com/neutrik-na2fpmf-3-pin-xlr-female-to-rca-jack-adapter--092-2402

For the input at your Xover from your receiver you could use this one:

http://www.parts-express.com/neutrik-na2mpmf-3-pin-xlr-male-to-rca-phono-jack-adapter--092-2406

Assuming you have enough RCA interconnects laying around, that is all you would need.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Chris A said:

Hey, congrats on the Jubs...:emotion-19::emotion-21::emotion-46:

Thanks ! I am buying them without ever hearing them, ( for the scorecard ). After owning KLF 10's, Chorus 2's, and LS 1's, I'm sure I'll love them. After the glowing reviews and opinions from so many forum members, I could resist no longer... 

• Like 1

Join the club...I heard Jubs for the first time in my current listening room... :D

It was a near-miraculous experience once I figured out how to dialed them in.  I bet my eyes were as big as saucers when I first heard what they were supposed to sound like.

Chris

2 hours ago, Speed said:

Mr. Chris,

I ordered my Jubilee's last week, and my receiver ( which will be my pre-amp ) and two power amps all have only RCA connections. Whichever active crossover I buy, will only have XLR connections. I will have to buy many RCA to XLR, and XLR to RCA connection cables. Do you think it would be better to just buy a couple Crown D-75A amps, or stick with what I have and hope for no noise issues ? All opinions and experiences are welcome, and appreciated.Thanks...    

So your the $"""***!!!<€~£ that pushed my jubilee build back another week. I got word they are building several all at once with the incoming orders. So mine got delayed again............

but congrats, will be happy to have more around.

Just now, dtel said:

That's funny, it's worth the wait.

I keep hearing this, while I did push back my build, by a few weeks, this isn't the first time klipsch has informed my dealer of another week delay for my build. I'm normally a fairly patient person, but if I hear they will be pushed back again, my buying experience along with my patience is deteriorating.

25 minutes ago, RSVRMAN said:

So your the $"""***!!!<€~£ that pushed my jubilee build back another week. I got word they are building several all at once with the incoming orders. So mine got delayed again............

but congrats, will be happy to have more around.

My bad. The anticipation will just make it that much sweeter... Maybe we should tell the factory guys, not to rush. To take their time, and do a great job. 

• Like 1