Jubilee advice needed.

RSVRMAN

On 4/1/2017 at 9:16 PM, dwilawyer said:

especially since you have access to it in KY.

Side note in case you are unaware...  Graeters is located in Cincinnati.  Krogers is domiciled there as well.  Graeters has been working on getting into some grocery stores and now (if I know some of the list) you can get Graeters in (any???) Krogers, Publix, Ingles, The Fresh Market and maybe others (??).  The main issue is they have only a couple flavors so might not have what you really want.  If I go to my local Ingles, I can get A, B, C (which I don't want) and chocolate chip.  If I go to Krogers, I can get various flavors plus Chocolate Chip and....Double Chocolate Chip so, I usually go to Kroger.

I used to almost always have some Graeters in my freezer.  Would have them ship a box down to me.  Had it shipped to others as gifts as well.

Now that I can get it almost any day of the week at Kroger....  I find that I don't eat it as much.

Next, we'll thread crap with some Skyline  Chili and Montgomery Inn ribs... 

Side note in case you are unaware...  Graeters is located in Cincinnati.  Krogers is domiciled there as well.  Graeters has been working on getting into some grocery stores and now (if I know some of the list) you can get Graeters in (any???) Krogers, Publix, Ingles, The Fresh Market and maybe others (??).  The main issue is they have only a couple flavors so might not have what you really want.  If I go to my local Ingles, I can get A, B, C (which I don't want) and chocolate chip.  If I go to Krogers, I can get various flavors plus Chocolate Chip and....Double Chocolate Chip so, I usually go to Kroger.

I used to almost always have some Graeters in my freezer.  Would have them ship a box down to me.  Had it shipped to others as gifts as well.

Now that I can get it almost any day of the week at Kroger....  I find that I don't eat it as much.

Next, we'll thread crap with some Skyline  Chili and Montgomery Inn ribs... 

How about Dillon's?

1 hour ago, dtel said:

Nice picture, it that a little RSVRMAN ?

Yes it is! Starting him young with good music and great sound. 

He loves opening the mail or amazon boxes. When I moved these inside he screamed for almost 5 mins straight.

.....or maybe it was me screaming :)

• Like 2

• Moderators

You do know why he's smiling like that?

He knows if dad is this excited they must be good, which means I'm going to be in really good shape when I inherited these. :emotion-21: Keep collecting dad, help a kid out. :D

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Speed said:

So you bought the black pair, of the the three you sold ?!

No it's another guy.  Might be getting some for myself soon though.  To be honest I get everybody's real name and forum name mixed up, not sure if he's here or not.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Coytee said:

(insert one of those "this thread is worthless without pictures" images)

Got about everything done. Once I move the toys I will try to take a few pics tomorrow.

I hooked everything up and no sound...wife took the kid out to play and let me fiddle.... so I started fiddling with the new Prepro, I know it's working, can hear the clicks as the capacitors change pending on the mode. Try a few different inputs and nothing. I then crank the gains on the amp way up and I slowly turn the volume up and sure enough there's the sound. Though it's very pulled back. I can see the input meters dancing a storm on the crossover, but the outputs had nothing. I went in with the laptop and rechecked and everything looked good. So.... I see this button on the crossover that says output.... I push it....

I then shit my pants..... 

I got the full volume of what these things do and was standing 1ft away. Gains up and prepro was at 95/100. I actually fell over and quickly got up to grab the volume pot. Thank god the kid wasn't home. 

So, when I'm less tired I will be playing with things.... very carefully. 

With ears ringing still after an hour later I put them away after the incident. I needed a shower... 

• Like 3

• Moderators
26 minutes ago, RSVRMAN said:

Got about everything done. Once I move the toys I will try to take a few pics tomorrow.

I hooked everything up and no sound...wife took the kid out to play and let me fiddle.... so I started fiddling with the new Prepro, I know it's working, can hear the clicks as the capacitors change pending on the mode. Try a few different inputs and nothing. I then crank the gains on the amp way up and I slowly turn the volume up and sure enough there's the sound. Though it's very pulled back. I can see the input meters dancing a storm on the crossover, but the outputs had nothing. I went in with the laptop and rechecked and everything looked good. So.... I see this button on the crossover that says output.... I push it....

I then shit my pants..... 

I got the full volume of what these things do and was standing 1ft away. Gains up and prepro was at 95/100. I actually fell over and quickly got up to grab the volume pot. Thank god the kid wasn't home. 

So, when I'm less tired I will be playing with things.... very carefully. 

With ears ringing still after an hour later I put them away after the incident. I needed a shower... 

Funniest thing I've read in awhile!  Thank you for the laugh!  :o

• Like 3

• Moderators

I think you may have the best first listening story ever, very funny.

Should they come with a warning ?

Maby we should make a book.

#1 Don't press any buttons or change anything with everything cranked up, only go down on the volume before doing anything else.

#2 Don't scare kids or go deaf yourself.

#3 If using anything above a flea amp move gains slowly.

we can add more later.........that was funny.

• Like 2

• Moderators
31 minutes ago, dtel's wife said:

Funniest thing I've read in awhile!  Thank you for the laugh!  :o

I knew you were a good writer, but  I didn't expect to anything as funny as that.

What a great story.

You son is really cute.

You will be rocking along tomorrow.

Travis