Jubilee advice needed.

RSVRMAN

Here is the entertainment center. There are about 16 lag bolts into the studs in addition to each brace supporting 500lbs each. I have also safety wired each piece of equipment to the 3/4 plywood in the event we ever have an earthquake (CA). The wall of the house will need to come down before anything would fall. It also keeps the kids hands off the everything :)

image1.JPG

2 hours ago, Md5150 said:

I am on here! You should definitely get a pair for yourself.

I want them in the theater room, which has a few issues, the biggest of which is that there is a door in the way on both sides.  I've already measured and tested some placement of seats and whatnot, and basically I have to flip my room around 180 degrees and rewire everything for them to fit.  Working on the general idea but goodness it's like I have a nice room yet I have to throw it all away and start from scratch and retrofit everything.  The good thing is that the electrical is already mostly done, it's mostly just drywall repair, wiring the side surrounds, and redoing my acoustic panels.  

• Like 3

• Moderators
4 hours ago, RSVRMAN said:

Big help, could you edit remove the "quotes" with the pictures? Will keep the guide more tidy and seamless for future viewers. 

Much appreciated!

Done

Everyone

If you want to quote without the pictures, or just part of a sentence, just right click across the text you want and highlight it and stop. This will make a little box pop up where you highlighted that says quote, click it and you only quote the part you chose. without clogging up everything with the same pics over and over. :emotion-21:

************************************************************************************************************************************************

The speakers look good in your room, a few legos for deflection and it will be perfect.  :biggrin: Depending where you sit you ,might have to play with the toe-in ? One day when they are playing walk up to the TV, I bet you still get stereo almost touching the TV, they have  very wide coverage.

• Like 1

Looking very nice!  I'm excited for you.

As a side comment, (and I don't pretend to speak for other owners)...  those screws that hold the K402 to the bass bin...  I don't use mine at all.  Zippo, nada.  They're dropped in a drawer somewhere.  If I want to pick things up and move them....I just pick them up and move them.  Nothing to unscrew.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dtel said:

Everyone

If you want to quote without the pictures, or just part of a sentence, just right click across the text you want and highlight it and stop. This will make a little box pop up where you highlighted that says quote, click it and you only quote the part you chose. without clogging up everything with the same pics over and over. :emotion-21:

Thanks,

I am the Kelly Bundy of computers...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dtel said:

Done

Everyone

************************************************************************************************************************************************

The speakers look good in your room, a few legos for deflection and it will be perfect.  :biggrin: Depending where you sit you ,might have to play with the toe-in ? One day when they are playing walk up to the TV, I bet you still get stereo almost touching the TV, they have  very wide coverage.

Thank you edit: 

I have them tucked to touching each wall on the 45 degree cut of the bass bin. Though it appears they are turned towards the direction the picture was taken. It's funny you mentioned about soundstage, as that was my very first impression. I'll reserve my overall impression until I have adequate time. I'm still starstruck on how effortlessly at low volumes they fill the room with sound. It feels thick, almost like a fog that you can reach out and touch in front of you. At the same time, the sweetspot is no longer as relevant. I get 99% standing or sitting anywhere in the room as I would sitting dead center of the couch. Sure you could fill the room with my rf7iis, but I couldn't do so with the ability to whisper across the room while doing so. 

Presently cooking in the kitchen, while it's adjacent to the room it feels like a jubilee is sitting in this room as well. Just incredible. 

• Like 3

• Moderators
20 minutes ago, Coytee said:

My wife has eyes like that....  :ph34r:

I think this whole wife thing is made up, we have never seen her, not that we think you could not get someone to marry you but....:)

• Moderators
1 hour ago, RSVRMAN said:

ry first impression. I'll reserve my overall impression until I have adequate time. I'm still starstruck on how effortlessly at low volumes they fill the room with sound. It feels thick, almost like a fog that you can reach out and touch in front of you. At the same time, the sweetspot is no longer as relevant. I get 99% standing or sitting anywhere in the room as I would sitting dead center of the couch. Sure you could fill the room with my rf7iis, but I couldn't do so with the ability to whisper across the room while doing so. 

Your right, it's way to early to be adjusted to the new sound and play with pointing them or whatever crazy stuff we do. 

The first time I heard jubes a long time ago compared to other speakers in the room was at Klipsch, there were many people more technical than me and people looking to buy if they liked what they heard. So I sat against one of the side walls and listened for a little while to be out the way. It was time to compare to other speakers and I sat in the same place but everything else sounded flat or missing something. Thinking there was way to much difference I got up and stood in the center off the room for a minute and there it was, much better sound than by the sidewall. The other unnamed speaker was a set that sells for 25K but the real listening area was just the center of the room with that model as with most speakers. I did this a few time to compare and it was always the same, the 402 horn on the Jube covers an extremely wide area really well. Even If they were the same price it was an easy choice, the jubes would have won easily.

We have something similar but the same 402 horn on top, and that horn amazes me, it seems to do everything well. The speakers are in a room 24' wide and 34' long. the back 16' is kitchen and dining room. There is no place that sounds lacking in any way, I can walk up almost even with the Tv in the center (like yours) and it sounds like the sound is still from the center. The sound good at low volumes also which is how we listen most of the time, where we can easily talk. But give them a little volume and they really come alive, a little more and things will vibrate, like china cabinets, but still sounds amazing. IMO

We are done, we have no reason to look at any other speaker thinking it's better, don't care to even look, were happy.....never thought I would say that !

They go on mid morning and stay on until someone wants to watch Tv, there on now at 8:27 pm. 

Have fun and hope y'all enjoy them, so what does the wife think if she had a chance to listen yet ?

8 hours ago, dtel said:

I think this whole wife thing is made up, we have never seen her, not that we think you could not get someone to marry you but....:)

I think Richard posted a picture of her once. Long time ago... at a jewelry show or something.

Bruce

1 hour ago, Marvel said:

I think Richard posted a picture of her once. Long time ago... at a jewelry show or something.

Or did I?

I'd ask JC or Mark1101 to chime in but the times they were here....  she was gone.

Hmmmm....

Fear not though, she exists!  I have the Honey-Do list to prove it.  

In fact, I'll take some pictures of the next one...

Imagine a perfectly fine working kitchen....  you have a center light fixture and maybe six can-lights around the edges.

Now....  would a typical male decide that the can lights need to be adjusted outward about 12"....therefore....a new ceiling is needed....and since we're now going to pull the entire ceiling down (5/8'ths drywall I might add), we may as well put a tongue & groove wooden ceiling back up?

Oh, and here are her legs  :wub:  (or are they?)

Legs.jpg

• Like 1

On 4/5/2017 at 11:24 PM, RSVRMAN said:

I got the full volume of what these things do and was standing 1ft away. Gains up and prepro was at 95/100. I actually fell over and quickly got up to grab the volume pot. 

I'm going to give away a trivia question here but do you know what this and some of Aaron's remarks reminds me of? :)  There is a nightmare detailed in the short story called "Without You" by Del James, which was the inspiration for the Guns 'n Roses "November Rain" music video.  

A sharp twinge of panic shot through him when he realized which of his songs it was. Cold sweat seeped
out of his pores and dread consumed him. His vision spiraled as reality distorted. Breathing became
difficult, complicated. Desperation attacked and twisted every muscle in his thin body. Much worse than
the pain was his fear. Unsuppressable anxiety swept through him as he started toward the stereo.
Everything lost its natural texture; the walls, the floor, the air became surreal. The louder the music, the
more difficult he found it to move. He had to remove the compact disc but his feet felt like large concrete
blocks. He couldn’t move fast enough.

• Like 1

Have about 15 hours logged and so far so good. Learning as I go. I quickly found my mistake, as when I was accessing the output levels on the active crossover, they were all clicked bypass. This translates to -80db it's lowest setting. So when I clicked that there nuke button (output level) rather than open its settings, it defaults to 0db. From there you can go + or -. Now that I know the setting and what it does, it should never happen again. Today I'm just tooling around with gains on the crossover and amps to find my sweet spot. I had to figure out ARC for the smart TV first to keep the wife happy, as she accesses a lot of her videos from there. 

My my son is surely enjoying wheels on the bus in stereo. Back to dancing in front of the TV.

IMG_3776.JPG

I'm the first to admit my ignorance....but I'm intrigued on your comment about adjusting the gains.

I would think you'd want the gains on the amps set at the same level (be it 20% volume or 100%) and then set the crossover as per Roy's settings and I would expect things to be in balance.

Maybe one of those in the know could elaborate.

This is how I've done mine.  I go to each Crown, turn them down....then count the clicks to a certain level and put each channel of each amp at that same number of clicks.