Jubilee advice needed.

RSVRMAN

3 minutes ago, Khornukopia said:

Good to see the curves are where you want them now. Probably don't even need a subwoofer with the powerful Jubilees. Go to the equalizer screen, click and drag a liitle bit of bass boost while listening to some favorite tunes and save the settings.

Since im running a prepro, would you have the crossover do the bass boost or the crossover?

I can also assume that audssey really isn't needed as well. 

I like the precise EQ adjustments and the on-screen display of the EQ page of the DC-One, for setting up the overall system, adjusted with Audyssey turned off. Then, I re-calibrate the Audyssey as the last step. Some people will debate the merits of the room correction device, because a bad room can be difficult, but I get good results with Audyssey.

The tone controls on your Pre-Pro can be used for quick adjustments of different program material, while using the handy remote.

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, Speed said:

Waiting on my DX 38. Hopefully I won't screw that up. 

That's a piece of cake especiallyif you hook it up to laptop and use the Race software. It's an outdated interface! RS 232, but makes life a whole lot easier.

Put in Roy's std. settings as a preset, and his bass boost settings as another preset and go from there.

Travis

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Speed said:

Waiting on my DX 38. Hopefully I won't screw that up. 

Grats! They are beautiful! You look like a happy man!!

Good news is there are a lot of owners with the dx38, even though they aren't using the b&c75. 

If I were to do it again, I'd probably follow Coyotees advice on hooking up bass bins first to ensure everything is good. 

Even after all my reading and learning, I can admit I made a mistake of not having the filters applied correctly. No biggie as they just shared a bit of the same mid frequency.  All good now.

Good luck!

I don't recall where it was posted....but, do you have the PDF and TLX files for the DX?

I personally think you should force yourself to program it in by hand using the front panel.  By doing that, you will be very at ease in the future dealing with it. 

That said, you have more flexibility by using the software (you can name things much easier using the keyboard rather than scrolling through 43,000 items to find the letter "A" for example)

Also...  neat little trick that Dr. Who mentioned....

When programming the DX, you will program both the input channels and at some point, the output channels.

When programming the output channels, note that each one has the rotary dial to raise/lower the output a bit.

When you are in edit mode working on say, "Channel 1" of the output channels...  and you want "Channel 3" to mirror the same info as channel 1.....  as you are entering each parameter into channel one, PUSH the dial button on Channel 3 (or whatever channel you want) and that channel will automatically be put into the same filter as Channel 1 and you can then put in your values.

It will make it much faster than just doing channel 1, 2, 3, 4...  since you will be doing essentially two of them at a single time.

Try it, you'll figure out what I'm saying.

Oh, and have the PDF handy so you can see what's next and where things go!!