Jubilee advice needed.

RSVRMAN

I understand that situation.  Perhaps more trips to Indy to investigate new consumer initiatives? 

Naw...you'd wind up having to use copper somewhere to pacify marketing...

Chris

"""the reality is.....i have already designed one"""

Ah Ha!  You see.  I will wait for it.......knew it.  Doesn't keep me from buying some other Klipsch brew in the meantime.  Heck, I think I have all their T shirts now.  My son was listening to "The One" last night with his new T-shirt with the Bull standing next to some #$%@!.  He won't be wearing that to school.

"""put it in"""

Hmm.  Maybe not a Cinema product.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Chief bonehead said:

so i am guessing that you kinda of sorta of like them?

Can't say thanks enough. When you can't listen to music even at low levels or go to theaters without headaches to occur soon afterwards really puts a damper on enjoyment. It's been a long time since I've been able to enjoy speakers like this. 

These won't be going anywhere. So guys hoping for used ones some day are SOL. My only request would be if you could make sure the K33 are still made 30-40 years from now in case I ever need a replacement. So no retiring for awhile.

18 minutes ago, Chief bonehead said:

am always ready for another horn especially if it has tricks.  the reality is.....i have already designed one.  no product to put it in.  and so....as usual...i wait. :)

Can you share if it's an intermediary horn as suggested or a possible k402 replacement? 

Is the K402 staying as is for awhile or those improvements soon to come?

That really sucks not being able to listen. 

About 35 years ago, I was walking through welding/assembly shop where I worked as a design/development engineer, and one of the more psychopathic welders hit a very large weldment with a sledgehammer as hard as he could just as I walked by.  It burst my right ear drum.  I couldn't listen to music at my apartment for a couple of weeks and permanently lost hearing in that ear.  I would hear two different tones about a semitone apart when the loudspeakers were playing one.  I thought those two weeks were like forever, and I still remember that clearly.

What goes around comes around however: all the welders were laid off about a year later when business went negative (Vibroseis geophysical exploration equipment in the early 1980s).  I didn't have to wear hearing protection after that when I went into the shop to weld up my own pieces. ;)

Chris

• Moderators

Eh, they're OK.

See you in a few days, can't wait,  it's going to be a busy week.

22 minutes ago, Khornukopia said:

It is nice to read another glowing review of the Jubilees.

Not surprising, they really are good no :pwk_bs:. Now that the hard work has been done, it does not take charts, plots and other things to prove it , just listen a few minutes, then think of what could replace it and sound the same or better.                            

I have found nothing that can compare to the performance of the K-402 and a good 2" compression driver that's been EQed properly.

Perhaps one of the now-defunct Bill Woods AH! horns would sound pretty nice, or maybe the JBL M2 horn would also sound pretty nice.  I'd probably take the K-402 due to the phenomenal control of polars down to significantly below the compression driver low frequency cutoff and its 90 x 60 polar coverage in-room.  You have to hear them to believe it. 

If you haven't heard them yet, then you will probably not understand why I say this.

Chris

• Moderators
11 hours ago, RSVRMAN said:

Now even with all that bass, I'm still on the fence on adding a subwoofer, the infrasonic bass is a definite nice to have. If I pursue this option, after hearing how folded horn bass sounds

My vote, a horn sub without a doubt, you don't want a stinkin direct radiator sub. :o:D

How do you think this sounds..pics........that sub (1802 in the center) replaced 2 684 subs, which is four 18" drivers, and the 684's didn't stand a chance, not even close., especially in detail and sound quality, and of course punch, it is a just much cleaner sound. Now I know it's a little big :huh: but kevin H is going for sound quality first, in his man cave.  

Before small phone pic 2 684's subs, after  with 1802 sub...................Kevin uses the standard stuffed animal sound diffuser treatments, :lol: he's apparently a successful bow hunter.  

speakers kevin.jpg2.jpg

kevins-05.JPG

• Klipsch Employees
1 hour ago, Chris A said:

That really sucks not being able to listen. 

About 35 years ago, I was walking through welding/assembly shop where I worked as a design/development engineer, and one of the more psychopathic welders hit a very large weldment with a sledgehammer as hard as he could just as I walked by.  It burst my right ear drum.  I couldn't listen to music at my apartment for a couple of weeks and permanently lost hearing in that ear.  I would hear two different tones about a semitone apart when the loudspeakers were playing one.  I thought those two weeks were like forever, and I still remember that clearly.

What goes around comes around however: all the welders were laid off about a year later when business went negative (Vibroseis geophysical exploration equipment in the early 1980s).  I didn't have to wear hearing protection after that when I went into the shop to weld up my own pieces. ;)

Chris

wow...

2 hours ago, Chris A said:

The K-402 is a very good horn.  Got any plans for an intermediate-sized horn between the K-510 and the K-402?

Chris

2 hours ago, Chief bonehead said:

you got 20 bucks?

2 hours ago, Chris A said:

I hope to have 20 bucks soon...;)

Ok, I'll spot him the $20...  now you can show us some pictures...  (with my luck, it will be a picture of a fish...)

:huh:

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Chief bonehead said:

i got my own initiatives.....

That's good.  A little secret: I haven't been terribly interested in the other products your company makes for about 9 1/2 years now...

It's amazing to me that the listening experience every day is just like the day that I finally got the Jubs dialed-in for the first time. That's hard to believe...but true.

"No pressure."

Chris

4 hours ago, Chief bonehead said:

wow...

The hearing that I lost is in the 4-10 kHz region...and not anything near total, but a plainly visible difference in hearing with the left ear.  It was like the hearing loss that my old man suffered due to testing developmental jet aircraft on the ground in the 1950s (mainly the XF-8U3).  I had audiograms carefully plotted on my hearing in the early 1990s at a auditory training clinic: it took an hour to run the test.  I was really grateful that I retained most of my hearing in that ear.

Chris