Jubilee advice needed.

RSVRMAN

• Moderators
12 hours ago, juniper said:

This is what I am used to hearing, its so powerful and clear that with some recordings it will make you uncomfortable, because you just cant believe what you are feeling and what is flying around your head.. The separation of instruments and clarity, is like nothing I have ever heard....

I am glad to hear so many people tried them and hear the same thing I did, with something as close to a Jube as you can get anyway. I hated to constantly say it thinking people may take it as just bragging about a speaker. But it was really bragging about the sound which is the best I have ever owned, easily.

• Moderators
12 hours ago, MetropolisLakeOutfitters said:

I brought two home with me, these were Roy's personal ones which I'm honored to have, they are the very first pair of the current build style.  

Congratulations, it will be fun to really see what they sound like not in a barn, this should be good. 

17 hours ago, Speed said:

I must have a setup issue. If I mute channel 1 and 3 on DX 38 which is my LF, the HF sounds cheap and tinny.

At past opportunities, (when Roy was playing them for a crowd), I would ask him to mute the bass bins, then swap and mute the HF horns.

I personally think the K402 alone, like you say, sounds cheap & tinny.  The bass bin alone, sounds like mud...  click them together and it amazes me how they gel together as a single sound.

11 hours ago, Coytee said:

At past opportunities, (when Roy was playing them for a crowd), I would ask him to mute the bass bins, then swap and mute the HF horns.

I personally think the K402 alone, like you say, sounds cheap & tinny.  The bass bin alone, sounds like mud...  click them together and it amazes me how they gel together as a single sound.

I would not have believed it, if I had not heard it myself... My sound is leaps and bounds better, than yesterday. Playing the same familiar song while making adjustments, made all the difference... 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, diamonddelts said:

Looks like I was not the only one with Jubilee midbass setup issues.

Adjusted it for ya!

After all, the speakers are only playing what they're fed AND, since we all know that horns are honky... :ph34r:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Speed said:

I would not have believed it, if I had not heard it myself... My sound is leaps and bounds better, than yesterday. Playing the same familiar song while making adjustments, made all the difference... 

Glad you got it figured out! 

On 5/1/2017 at 3:47 PM, MetropolisLakeOutfitters said:

Temporarily set up, probably not their permanent home, room will probably be flipped 180 degrees.  

Hope ya mean rotated. But they sure look schweeeet!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 12/27/2016 at 0:53 PM, Chris A said:

f it were me, I'd be looking around for used Crown D-75As, since they are usually cheap and are very good performers as-is (PWK used the predecessor D-75 amplifier in his setup, and the D-75A is an improved design). 

I do like the sound of the D-75A. On the one powering the LF on my Jubilee's, occasionally the red light would illuminate on the left channel. Could not hear any sound issues. I swapped it out with another D-75A, and the red light would come on occasionally on the right channel. No sound issues.

Anyone else have this issue with the Crown's ?  

I find that just turning the amplifier off until it completely discharges (about 10-15 seconds) then turning it back on again usually clears any issues that you describe.

Chris

• 10 months later...
  • Moderators
On 5/2/2017 at 5:41 AM, Coytee said:

I have done this many times. If someone played it like that for me and a I did not hear them together I would want no part of either, no matter what other parts you add to it. It's terrible like a  cheap clock radio and as you said muddy bass.  

But together it's like you said it gel's and has a great sound. It's kind of shocking really. 

• Moderators

Probably  not but when your looking at that big horn and it sounds like a clock radio it's a little crazy, and huge bass bins sounding terrible and sloppy.

It's hard to believe it would sound like that when working together.