Jubilee advice needed.

RSVRMAN

Any speculations, as to why ? I've wanted a pair, for a few years. After the substantial price increase of the Heritage line, I felt a sense of urgency to buy, as a price  increase in the Cinema line, could possibly be next. How cool would it be to have the PWK logo, in the middle of the front panel ?!

2 minutes ago, Schu said:

I don't think the Jubilee is as expensive as many think...

About the price of a new pair of La Scala IIs (including digital crossover). 

6 minutes ago, Speed said:

Any speculations as to why?

• A bit on recovery of general economic conditions.
  • Perhaps some on the recent levels of "after sales support" (i.e., of the volunteer kind B)). 
  • Some of it to the increase in fidelity and lower prices on digital crossovers. 
  • Makeup and attitudes of forum membership has changed from 10 years ago. 

52 minutes ago, Speed said:

My bad. The anticipation will just make it that much sweeter... Maybe we should tell the factory guys, not to rush. To take their time, and do a great job. 

It's ok, just hope Im first. 

Im for taking time, but keep in mind I ordered in the beginning of January and notified them I will be available for delivery Feb 20. So they could have started and held on to them, if finished early. However, we are now middle of March and they haven't even been started..... Next week is the "planned" start date. If they finish them within the week and then figure delivery, that puts me at almost 4 months wait. 

This is why my patience is about up. At this point, while there may be incoming orders, they should have made the decision to just get mine done and shipped then combine the bulk order that came in this month. While this may be convenient for them and save costs, it is at the risk of upsetting a long time customer.

29 minutes ago, Chris A said:

I'd call it a recent resurgence in Jubilee sales that's the root of the issue.  :emotion-21:

I'm guessing the recent threads and wealth of knowledge that has been continually shared from existing owners.

Im hopeful this becomes a continued trend and that Klipsch irons out its building process. 

32 minutes ago, RSVRMAN said:

It's ok, just hope Im first. 

Im for taking time, but keep in mind I ordered in the beginning of January and notified them I will be available for delivery Feb 20. So they could have started and held on to them, if finished early. However, we are now middle of March and they haven't even been started..... Next week is the "planned" start date. If they finish them within the week and then figure delivery, that puts me at almost 4 months wait. 

This is why my patience is about up. At this point, while there may be incoming orders, they should have made the decision to just get mine done and shipped then combine the bulk order that came in this month. While this may be convenient for them and save costs, it is at the risk of upsetting a long time customer.

I'm guessing the recent threads and wealth of knowledge that has been continually shared from existing owners.

Im hopeful this becomes a continued trend and that Klipsch irons out its building process. 

I'm sure you will be next. I ordered the walnut veneer front panels, which adds more time, I was told 4-6 weeks. You ordered way before me, so I'm holding up the next person ( sorry dude, whoever you are ). Lol. I already paid, I just need an active crossover...

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Chris A said:

About the price of a new pair of La Scala IIs (including digital crossover). 

• A bit on recovery of general economic conditions.
  • Perhaps some on the recent levels of "after sales support" (i.e., of the volunteer kind B)). 
  • Some of it to the increase in fidelity and lower prices on digital crossovers. 
  • Makeup and attitudes of forum membership has changed from 10 years ago. 

Your second sentence, is right on the money. You, and about six other members had a big influence on me buying Jubes. Thanks, to all of you...

I would recommend shopping around if you were in the market for a pair.  Three-way Jubs are going to cost significantly more than two ways.  I was referring to two-way (home version) Jubilees with K-691 drivers.  I would also challenge claimed sales tax if I didn't live in the state of the dealer in the US: that's just added profit margin.

Chris

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Khornukopia said:

RSVRMAN,  I hope that your January order for Jubilees will be placed on the build department's high priority list.

I'm hoping so. The sooner they arrive the less I read on DIY. ( I have a lot of woodworking tools as well to aid in that temptation) Jubes do command a price point that go a looooong way with DIY. I've made my decision to buy Jubes from a long way back, however if I hear of another 1 week build start day I'm going to be honest and consider other options. 

Its not not just me but my wife is in this and when one has to explain the funds detracted from the account, in addition to watching movies using the TV as the sound source, having to explain the further delay, funds spent does NOT make for a pleasant experience. Especially when klipsch relayed they will start the week of xx, previous week, this week, next week. And they still haven't even started. 

Im trying to keep my cool, but I won't lie I REALLY wanted to jam and movie with the wife tonight. I'm told it's worth the wait, I've done the research and read A LOT, but have yet to read about anyone that waited this long and still no solid answer.

16 hours ago, RSVRMAN said:

I have a lot of woodworking tools

Here is an idea for you to consider. Build a horn loaded subwoofer cabinet. That will take your mind off the waiting, and fill your other need. If your Jubilees have not shipped by then, you will be all set up to build a more complicated Jubilee style cabinet.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Khornukopia said:

Here is an idea for you to consider. Build a horn loaded subwoofer cabinet. That will take your mind off the waiting, and fill your other need. If your Jubilees have not shipped by then, you will be all set up to build a more complicated Jubilee style cabinet.

Good idea, I actually I started a thread here a few weeks ago to find horn loaded sub that would compliment the jubilee and decided on the lil wrecker. (This helped pass time during the initial delay) Really would prefer to hear them first to see if I feel that a subwoofer is needed or if I'm going to hold off until we move again. 

If I find out they are delayed again I have something else in mind and would change and not do a tapped horn as for what I have in mind, I would need a bit more upper extension.

13 minutes ago, RSVRMAN said:

Good idea, I actually I started a thread here a few weeks ago to find horn loaded sub that would compliment the jubilee and decided on the lil wrecker. (This helped pass time during the initial delay) Really would prefer to hear them first to see if I feel that a subwoofer is needed or if I'm going to hold off until we move again. 

If I find out they are delayed again I have something else in mind and would change and not do a tapped horn as for what I have in mind, I would need a bit more upper extension.

=THT

• Like 1

• Moderators

Who knows, but I would think the pair with the green tape and masking paper is the pair with the wood front panels . Wonder who owns them ? :D

I would save that pic if it were me.