Jump to content

FS: Oiled Walnut Vert. Horn Conrwalls


Tom Adams
 Share

Recommended Posts

I apologize for appearing to double post my speakers for sale.  Just wanted to ensure that interested folks knew about them

 

For sale are my 1972 vertical horn Cornwall's.  The cabinets were refinished by me some years back and they've had a stable life ever since.  All the drivers are original except for replacement tweeters from Crites.  The crossovers were re-done with higher grade components, but are the same as the original design.  The speakers are consecutive serial numbers and I'd rate them as a 9 out of 10.  They work perfectly and if one wanted to hear them, it would only take some back breaking lifting to get them to a source.

 

I've been away from this forum and audio in general for so long that I'm not really sure what they're worth.  Ideally I'd like to get $1100.  I've tried to get a reading on what's a fair price and honestly come up empty handed.  Maybe I don't know where to look.  So I'm open for feedback.  And don't be a smarty saying they're only worth a dolla two ninety eight.  I didn't fall off the compost wagon yesterday.  Anywho....I'm willing to negotiate, but since I don't HAVE to sell them, I'm not gonna give them away.

 

Since I don't hang out here much anymore, the best way to contact me  would be via my home email.

td3adams - at - centurylink - dot - net.

 

Oh.....forgot to add where I live.  I live just outside of Hinesville, GA which is about 30 miles southwest of Savannah, GA.

 

Thanks!!

 

Tom

Left02.jpg

Right04.jpg

Right02.jpg

Left03.jpg

Left04.jpg

Right03.jpg

Right01.jpg

Left01.jpg

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Your price is right in the middle of fair market value.  Lower your price, they might sell a little faster, raise your price, you have to wait for just the right buyer.

 

I'm not sure your location, Tom.  That has an impact the selling price as well.

 

GLWYS

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, FuzzyDog said:
10 hours ago, Tom Adams said:

And don't be a smarty saying they're only worth a dolla two ninety eight

 

They're clearly worth at least a dolla two ninety nine.

 

I think you missed the spirit of the request.  :P

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, wvu80 said:

Your price is right in the middle of fair market value.  Lower your price, they might sell a little faster, raise your price, you have to wait for just the right buyer.

 

I'm not sure your location, Tom.  That has an impact the selling price as well.

 

GLWYS

 

Thanks for the feedback and info.

 

Tom

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, FuzzyDog said:

Wow, those are beauties!  I'm interested if you're near SC.

 

 

They're clearly worth at least a dolla two ninety nine.

 

Thanks for the interest.  I've edited my post to tell where I live.  As you can see, you & I are only about 2 hours apart.  AND - the wife and I just love to do weekend get aways in Charleston (hint, hint :D).

 

Tom

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hey Tom!  This is also my first post in ages, maybe just my 2nd or 3rd in the past 3 or 4 years.

If these are still available, I might be interested.  Just moved into a new house (post-divorce) and looking to set up the HT again.  All I need is a center channel to go with my zebrawood cornwalls and there is no longer a need for WAF.

I sold a beautiful pair of NM '74 CWO's a couple years ago way too cheap that look exactly like yours..wish I still had them.

I'm in MD but not totally opposed to a road trip.

Might be a long shot but shoot me a pm or email if you want to discuss.

 

Gary

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, garymd said:

Hey Tom!  This is also my first post in ages, maybe just my 2nd or 3rd in the past 3 or 4 years.

If these are still available, I might be interested.  Just moved into a new house (post-divorce) and looking to set up the HT again.  All I need is a center channel to go with my zebrawood cornwalls and there is no longer a need for WAF.

I sold a beautiful pair of NM '74 CWO's a couple years ago way too cheap that look exactly like yours..wish I still had them.

I'm in MD but not totally opposed to a road trip.

Might be a long shot but shoot me a pm or email if you want to discuss.

 

Gary

 

 

 

Dang.....we might have something in common.  In my divorce, the Cornwall's and some other gear (and my clothes) was about all da judge said I could have - well....and the debt.

 

I sent ya a PM.

 

Tom

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

This is a shameless bump. :(

 

C'mon folks.....I need these gone.  My wife & I have had a ground rule for years - she doesn't bring in another pair of shoes without another pair being gone.  And she only agreed to this if I agreed to not bringing in another piece of audio gear unless another piece was gone.  So if you buy these, I'll be able to help the economy and Klipsch by buying a new pair of speakers.  That's a win-win in anybody's book.  :lol:

 

Tom 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...