Wall mounting RP 160M

Sean23

I'm looking for options to wall or ceiling mount my RP 160M bookshelf speakers.  They are pretty heavy, 20 lbs, and will be right overhead where we sit so I'm quite concerned about making sure they are super secure as if they fell it could result in a pretty serious injury.  I would love any/all suggestions on a good solution to mount them securely.

Thanks!

Well there are mounts out there that squeeze the base. I don't think I could ever trust them. Otherwise you remove the base and hang it on a screw in a stud with the keyhole mount on the back. It will block the port but option are limited. Other option would be to just make a nice shelf to set them on in the back. 

I have some video scu ones i could send the link for holding my R 15M's currently. They have never made me feel that they werent up to the task. It says they hold up to 33 lbs, although i would never go with anything close to 100% to what they rated as being able to handle. My R 15M's are only 10 lbs, so take that for what it is worth, but if you mount them on a stud, I would personally take the risk on 60% of its maximum rated weight. It also says it can go as wide as 11", so you are set as the RP 160's are only about 9". I will put a link up if it is allowed, but I am new here, so Im not sure what all will fly

• 2 years later...

Sean23 (if you're still there), what did you end up doing?

I also have a pair of these speakers and have the same mounting hardware as chasec2021, but with the speakers tilted slightly downward, they rolled out of the clamps with a few days and hit the floor. Luckily, no one was around to be hurt. (The speakers survived, though.)