Brand New K-Horns $3800

jjptkd

It going to be iffy to use the Khorns. The area to the right of the right speaker is an open doorway to the kid's side of house and the left ain't nothing to speak of, I will need some WAF false corners but I couldn't pass up the price.

1 hour ago, oldred said:

I wish I had that problem....Just say to yourself...Where am I going to put the Khorns I got for 1/4 the price because I have too many Belle's.

Going to be hard to sleep at night......NOT  -George,

I got a good laugh out of that one!  :lol: 

+++

I'm saying he should fly the L/R Belles.  They would make good Front Heights.  :D

On 12/25/2016 at 11:09 AM, USNRET said:

It going to be iffy to use the Khorns. The area to the right of the right speaker is an open doorway to the kid's side of house and the left ain't nothing to speak of, I will need some WAF false corners but I couldn't pass up the price.

Are you thinking of a half-wall type of thing?  That seems like a good idea to protect the Khorns in that location.

half+wall.jpg

7080218922ff7822f32dca4ab5da10d7.jpg

On 12/25/2016 at 11:15 AM, USNRET said:

Current view with 2 PSA XS30SE subs

Current.jpg

I see your problem with the front end.  You simply don't have any options to the viewer's right.

What do you think about the idea of putting both subs outwards.  Then Khorns inside that.  Then the center (what center will you use?)  The new Khorns don't need corners like the old ones did.

I would then move the electronics to the viewer's left, probably near the keyboard (see other pics)

That would give you a nice 3.2 setup across the front.

+++

I will also tell you, the Khorns on their own don't need a sub.  I also replaced La Scalas with Khorns and the difference in bass response is not even close, the Khorns will stand on their own.

When listening to movies like The Force Awakens on my the Khorns make plenty enough bass to shake pictures off the wall.  You would not be hurting for bass even if you move those dual subs right behind the couch.

Just something to consider.

11 minutes ago, ricktate said:

I'm pretty sure the Ks he bought need corners. Only the anniversary ones have enclosed backs.

You do know KLIPSCH make in wall surronds....lol...for shame on you.   Just kidding.

My bad, I thought all the new ones had the backs enclosed.

+++

Man, the way you abused me in this brief post, you should be glad I don't abuse you back for misspelling "surronds."

Oops, I guess I just did.  Sorry, didn't mean to.  :P

/silly replying

+++

Seriously, what is your opinion of placement for the new Khorns and other speaker related items? 

12 minutes ago, ricktate said:

You do know KLIPSCH make in wall surronds....lol...for shame on you

Yes, I do but since calling Klipsch to get their opinion on what to buy to best go with the heritage prompted zero response from them I paid the $2k for the MLs.

36 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

(what center will you use?)

I will use one of the Belle triplets.

38 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

I would then move the electronics to the viewer's left, probably near the keyboard (see other pics)

See below photos of left corner (as viewed) I sure wish that fireplace was gone. We were going to remove it when we bought this place for that very reason but we were lacking about 3 sq ft of left over tile that was unobtainium to finish the floor uncovered by removing.

Subs behind couch is NOT gonna happen. You don't need to ask why.

The front wall is 14' across from fireplace corner to doorway and sitting position is 10' back from the front of Belle plane.

Front left.jpg

Left 2.jpg