Audio Rack in WI/IL Area - $100

tlarwa

I built this a few years ago and it has served me well.  But it's recently been replaced by my newest audio rack build and I'd like to see it get used by someone.  It's 100% solid oak.  The frame is 2" oak posts and the shelves are also 2" oak.  Each shelf is supported by adjustable spike, as is the frame (carpet spikes).  So it's very easy to get everything leveled up.  The finish isn't fine furniture quality, but I liked it as is.  You could easily sand it down and restain it if you wanted to.  I have more than $100 into it in wood and hardware, so you're essentially getting the build for free!  It's too big to ship, so local buyers only.  I live in Lake Geneva, WI, so Chicago/Madison/Milwaukee area is doable.  Let me know if you're interested and I can get you dimensions.

Tom

This is also posted in alerts ... not sure why it posted there to begin with!

IMG_0713.JPG

IMG_0714.JPG

IMG_0715.JPG

6 minutes ago, SWL said:

Hey Tom, I'd be interested and I'm in Powers Lake about 8 miles away from you. What are the dimensions?

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

I'll confirm when I get home.  But it's about 36" high and the shelf openings are 18" wide and a little over 15" deep.  The top shelf is about 21" wide.  Plenty of room for even a large size turntable.  Let me know if that sounds like it'll work and I'll hold it for you. 

1 hour ago, whatever55 said:

Tom,

Nice work.

Would it be possible to see your new rack ?

Here it is ... the top is 2" live edge spalted Maple and the frame and shelves are red oak (the shelves are live edge too).  The top is sitting on adjustable spikes and the frame is on carpet spikes.

IMG_0699.JPG

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, oldred said:

Nice setup....What is that on the bottom shelf next to the amp?

George

PS Audio UPC-200 power center.  The rest of the system is: First Watt J2 amp, DIY passive pre (Goldpoint dual mono attenuators), Burson AB-160 buffer, Jolida FX tubed DAC, Yamaha CDP, CCA (to stream Spotify), Coph Nia MC phono pre, VPI Classic 1, Ortofon Rondo Blue, 1982 Cornwall I 1/2s.  

I picked up this rack today from Tom. It is built well and looks great. I got a chance to experience Tom's listening room as well and it is very impressive!

If Tom lists anything here in the future, buy with confidence. He's a great guy with a beautiful home and his gear is well cared for.

It was great meeting you today, Tom!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, SWL said:

I picked up this rack today from Tom. It is built well and looks great. I got a chance to experience Tom's listening room as well and it is very impressive!

If Tom lists anything here in the future, buy with confidence. He's a great guy with a beautiful home and his gear is well cared for.

It was great meeting you today, Tom!

Thanks for the kind words!  It was great meeting you as well, and I enjoyed showing you the system.  Hopefully we can get a group together in the Milwaukee area sometime soon!

• Like 1