Just bought my speakers

chasec2021

Ok, so I just got some new speakers since it is Christmas and I was able to get them for a good deal due to the sales that are going on right now. I bought the RB 61 ii's and the RC 62 ii. 

I am having a little anxiety and buyers remorse and am hoping yall can help me feel that the money I just spent was not a waste. I am going from the R 25C and the R 15M's, which I will be moving into my bed room. I had them there when I first bought them and they sounded really good in there, as my bed room is a square shape and is more conducive to sound quality, so I am excited to have them back in there.

So, for those of you who have owned what I have and what I am getting, was what I spent worth it? I can still cancel the order and go another route, but right now, I feel that 329 for each set minus 200 in gift cards and 200 in money that was from my grandparents for Christmas and birthday only netted me spending a little over 300 dollars of my own money on speakers that are normally priced 1100 without the sale going on. 

I feel that these will be better and that I will be happy, as a lot of people here have had very high praise for the center channel especially, and felt that the bookshelves to match would go better than the R 15M's I have now. Also, I feel that if I hadn't gotten the bookshelves and only upgraded the center channel to the RC 62 ii would have me move the R 25C in my bedroom to be paired with Quintet speakers for the fronts and surrounds, which I don't believe would have sounded as strong as going ahead and pulling the trigger making a package deal. 

In short, I am not only upgrading my den's speakers for the fronts and center, but will in turn be upgrading my bedroom in the process for only a 330 dollar amount. I hope this was wise, and I feel that it was, but would love some people here's opinions to make me feel a little better that this was overall a great deal!

• Like 2

What concern do you actually have?  You made an educated decision to purchase a pair of speakers new, from manufacturer for a low price point on clearance.  There's nothing wrong with that.  Are you worried you made a rash decision?  If so, keep in mind most of us have been through double to triple digit rotations in our set ups over the years.  It's perfectly normal to keep having that upgrade bug.

• Like 2

This is by no means my first upgrade haha. I have been doing this for a while now. Just want to make sure that this was worth the difference in what I have to what I will have, and that the difference will be big enough for this to not be a bad deal overall. Personally, I think the center channel upgrade was worth the move, just a little worried that the difference in bookshelves was worth the difference. Take the bedroom part out of the equation and just look at it from the upgrade of bookshelves. How much better are the RB 61 iis compared to the R 15Cs?

• Like 1

Lets see...where to begin.  Bigger driver size, bigger horn size, titanium tweeter, better power rating, better crossover, better building material, better drivers, I could go on...

We won't even get into the fact that the drivers will be all the same across the entire front soundstage which also is a big deal.

• Like 6

The fact that they match the new center was the biggest reason for me to get them. I want to eventually get some actual surround speakers for the sides and floorstanding speakers and will move the 61 iis to be the rears. I am looking at this as an investment for the future. I just cant do any of that in the house I am in and get the full effect. I have told my fiance that I am going to be very critical when we start house hunting in the future. If we walk into a house that doesnt have a decent size room thats a good shape.. that will be a deal breaker for us looking at it seriously. My bedroom now is a much better room for sound quality, but I will not put my best set up in here as of now because of the fact that I am not gonna have my movie room in my bed room for when people come over.

Thanks for making me feel like this was a solid decision. I just wish I could hear them for myself before dropping the money. I look at it like I am on entry level.. which isnt really true overall since I was working with Bose... awful.. i know, then moved to quintets.. then got a good sub, and the R 25C and 15 Ms. They are borderline entry level, and these will hopefully sound a lot better and I will be sold on them pretty quick. Just sucks the room is poorly shaped. 

• Like 2

If you are still somewhat concerned, be aware that there is a 30 day return policy.  I doubt you will need it though.  I was unsure when I bought my Groove, and almost convinced I was going to be sending it back.  But it's still on my counter...so...

• Like 2

As long as you bought Klipsch and you keep them in good shape, you will never lose.

As one can see by this Forum, everyone is pretty happy with whatever that brought them here.

Cannot say that about any other brands, take a look at the CL once-in-a-wile.

Klipsch value is un-matched.

Welcome to the Forum, post often.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, badass091286 said:

why didn't you get the rb-81 ii pair..??

Not really necessary - he's in a space where there's a need for a limited footprint.  The 61's he plans on moving to surround duties after buying floorstanding speakers when moving to a new home.  The 61's would be more than enough for rear surround duties.  In the meantime, it leaves him with a seamless front soundstage that will provide him the best effect possible, making the 61's a better choice than the 81's.

• Like 4

• Moderators

Man you have my full support I have always loved the sound of the RB-61.   I'm really not sure what it is about them that I love so much but they just sound absolutely fantastic especially for small-ish bookshelf speaker.   I have owned RB-35,  RB 81 and also RB 81ii  and although I have never been able to compare them side-by-side, I have never been thrilled with those other three speakers like I have been at the RB61.  I think the smooth bass from the front port combined with that crystal clear highs provides a beautiful combination for a bookshelf speaker.  The only other Klipsch bookshelf I have liked more was the RB75 but it's in an entirely different league than any of the forementioned speakers.

likewise the RC 61 is a fantastic center channel.  I think you made a significant upgrade to what you have and you should be happy with it you didn't have to spend a lot of money out of pocket and you're able to move the other speakers to a bedroom so you gain a system there.

once you get it all set up, be sure to let us know what your thoughts are of the upgrade. It would be a benefit to others who may be in the same situation

• Like 1

I bought the RB-61 ii's from Klipsch a couple of weeks ago to match the other Reference speakers in the den:  RF-62ii towers, RC-62ii center, and two R-12SW subs.  I am completely satisfied with the RB-61 as surrounds in that room.  Although we enjoyed the setup without surrounds, the Klipsch sale this season was a great opportunity, particularly if I wanted to match with the other speakers.  I put them up on Sanus stands to bring them up to ear level and they really have enhanced our movie watching experience!  I hope you will have a similar positive experience.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, IbizaFlame said:

Not really necessary - he's in a space where there's a need for a limited footprint.  The 61's he plans on moving to surround duties after buying floorstanding speakers when moving to a new home.  The 61's would be more than enough for rear surround duties.  In the meantime, it leaves him with a seamless front soundstage that will provide him the best effect possible, making the 61's a better choice than the 81's.

Exactly. Plus the 81 iis would have been a good bit more than what I felt comfortable spending

Thanks for all of the feedback everybody, I certainly can not wait to get them in and test them out. Anyone know how long it takes to break them in?

Thats how I feel about them too, i see people talking about a few days of breaking them in. I guess really to me that just mean a few days of them getting used to what they sound like as opposed to what they are used to. I will pin point little things over a few days and get a good picture of what the major differences are when i do an upgrade, but that doesnt necessarily mean that they are broken in. Honestly, the speakers break me in haha

• Like 1

7 hours ago, badass091286 said:

why didn't you get the rb-81 ii pair..??

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

For all the reasons Flame notates, and the fact that it would have been 279 X 2 as opposed to 329 X 1.. I wasn't up for spending that on what will eventually be the rear speakers in a 7.1. Now when I get to Floors... Im gonna go into at least the 500-700 range for each speaker on those. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, IbizaFlame said:

Lets see...where to begin.  Bigger driver size, bigger horn size, titanium tweeter, better power rating, better crossover, better building material, better drivers, I could go on...

We won't even get into the fact that the drivers will be all the same across the entire front soundstage which also is a big deal.

You nailed it. Great info.

• Like 2

Some might not agree with this but I think the RB-61/61II is a more musical and smoother speaker than the RB-81/81II.  The 6.5 inch driver has an easier time handing off the duties to the 1 inch tweeter than does the 8 inch of the 81.  Also, I don't think the RB-61 gives up much in the bass department either.

Just my take.

Bill

• Like 3

4 hours ago, willland said:

Some might not agree with this but I think the RB-61/61II is a more musical and smoother speaker than the RB-81/81II.  The 6.5 inch driver has an easier time handing off the duties to the 1 inch tweeter than does the 8 inch of the 81.  Also, I don't think the RB-61 gives up much in the bass department either.

Just my take.

Bill

Yep I'll agre with this as well. I've owned the 63 and 83 towers. The 63's were much better IMO at music and home theater. 

• Like 1

Thanks for all the feedback! Cant wait to hear them and hear the difference between them and what I have now! Im always scared that I wont be able to tell a big difference and will have wasted money, but overall even with that fear I am comfortable with this move.

• Like 1