1998 klipschorns, oak/cane for sale, will take partial trade for cornwalls

jwgorman

I bought these oak khorns new in 1998, I even drove to hope to get them (long story). I am offering them for sale here at $2200. I have the original boxes for the tops, but not the bottoms boxes.

I will reinstall K77s and k55ms. I have modified type A networks in place now. I still have the AK3 boards but just the boards with the name plates, no coils/caps on them. 

I will entertain partial trades for Cornwall 1 or 2s, but they would have to be in excellent condition.  Not trying to be difficult, but if they are not in excellent condition, I wouldn't be interested. (I have enough projects currently). I am in Iowa. 5 hours from Minneapolis, 4 hours from Omaha, 4 hours from Chicago, 6 from Kansas city.  I can't ship them. 

Please PM if you are interested. 

IMG_4819-2.JPG

IMG_4818-2.JPG

IMG_4815-2.JPG

• Like 1

You might find those sound better if you position them in corners, not edge-to-edge in the middle of the kitchen.

Just a Christmas thought.  B)

+++

You have Khorns, willing to trade for Cornwalls.  Scrappy has Cornwalls, and wants Khorns.

I love this place.  :D

• Like 3

15 hours ago, wvu80 said:

You might find those sound better if you position them in corners, not edge-to-edge in the middle of the kitchen.

Just a Christmas thought.  B)

+++

You have Khorns, willing to trade for Cornwalls.  Scrappy has Cornwalls, and wants Khorns.

I love this place.  :D

I knew I was doing something wrong! :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jwgorman said:
15 hours ago, wvu80 said:

I knew I was doing something wrong! :)

Yeah, but on the plus side you must be married to the most tolerant wife in the world!  :D

• Like 1

I have had a couple people ask me about any blemishes my khorns may have. I had my daughter take some quality pics so you can see them. Oh and I included one picture of both of them in the living room hanging out, just because. 

They survived 3 houses/moves in great shape because I had the original boxes. When we moved to the farm I stored the boxes in the machine shed and the mice thought the bottom boxes made a great home...d'oh. As I said the top boxes are still functional. 

DSC03190.jpg

DSC03191.jpg

DSC03192.jpg

DSC03194.jpg

Edited by jwgorman
clarity

4 hours ago, jwgorman said:

I would also consider chorus IIs, belles too

More great speakers. The seemingly effortless amount and quality of sound the Khorn produces makes the Khorn a tough act to follow. Although bass shy, I love the looks and sounds from the Belle. Although a different styled cabinet, the Legend series (KLF) are worthy and are, IMHO, equal to the Chorus II. 

What are you using to powering them?

6 hours ago, jimjimbo said:

May I ask what components are currently installed that you will be replacing with the K77's and K55M's?  Would you be willing to leave those in place?

I purchased Crites 120s and sold the K77s that came stock in the khorns. I bought the Atlas PV5s and sold the k55ms. I bought some early 80s lascalas and migrated the crites drivers to the scalas and then I bought some A55gs. I still have the Atlas squawkers. Yes, I could be persuaded to replace those. I don't have anything to put in place of the k77s. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Weber said:

More great speakers. The seemingly effortless amount and quality of sound the Khorn produces makes the Khorn a tough act to follow. Although bass shy, I love the looks and sounds from the Belle. Although a different styled cabinet, the Legend series (KLF) are worthy and are, IMHO, equal to the Chorus II. 

What are you using to powering them?

Yes, I sold my belles 20 years ago and it wish I'd have kept them. I'm using a luxman sq38u. 25 w/p/c EL34 integrated. 

• Like 1

That looks like a very fair price for the Khorns.  If I only had some corners I'd be tempted.   I run modified Belles with a sub so I don't think I could really justify them.  You must be located around the Iowa City area going by you distances to different towns.  Good luck on you sale.