Klipsch La Scala's Black CT (SOLD)

AaronB123

I've got 2 Klipsch La Scala's color black. I will not lie to you guys they aren't in the best shape. The guy I bought them from said they were in his basement when he bought the house. The serial number paper is gone on both of them, they look like they were painted and black wasn't their original color. They have type AL crossovers. They are dinged up but they do have wheels and they do sound great! Klipsch sign is missing from both of them. 

Considering their condition I am definitely not gonna be asking much for them, in fact I'd like some of you to take a look and tell me what you think they are worth. I paid 500 a piece for them but when I purchased them it was pitch black stored in the guys shed  and I had just driven about 3 hours one way to get them and I was tired and just wanted to get back home. I will definitely not be asking that much for them. When I got home and saw the condition, I knew I overpaid but it is what it is as I said they do still sound fantastic. Could be a really great project for someone that might want to refinish them. 

Asking 800

I do have a truck and I can deliver within a reasonable distance. 

IMG_0655.JPG

IMG_0656.JPG

IMG_0657.JPG

• Moderators

Wow that stinks Aaron.   Just curious were you not able to obtain pictures before making a 3 Hour drive?  I could see taking a risk at $500 for the pair.   Regardless like you said it is what it is hopefully you can recoup most of your money

1 hour ago, Youthman said:

Wow that stinks Aaron.   Just curious were you not able to obtain pictures before making a 3 Hour drive?  I could see taking a risk at $500 for the pair.   Regardless like you said it is what it is hopefully you can recoup most of your money

Ya I was but they didn't show all the nicks and scratches because it was all low light pictures and they never mentioned that they were not original color. I'm not sure if the guy even knew, he really didn't seem to know much he just had an idea of what they were and what they were worth. 

Well I think you could ask 800 to 1000 for them to recoup your trouble to go get them and still be fair price to someone. If I were closer I would get them and rebuild them to be pretty. I'm sure most here would consider that a deal those look pretty dam good I think.

Not sure why you think they are so bad.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ricktate said:

Well I think you could ask 800 to 1000 for them to recoup your trouble to go get them and still be fair price to someone. If I were closer I would get them and rebuild them to be pretty. I'm sure most here would consider that a deal those look pretty dam good I think.

Not sure why you think they are so bad.

I'd second that...they certainly aren't mint, but also aren't beat to hell.  I've seen a lot worse for La Scalas (and others).  I think that they might be black originally.  Blacks were just birch underneath the paint.  The black was painted underneath the tag (you can see the outline of where the tag was, which is on top of the black paint).  If they weren't black originally, I don't think you'd be able to see where the tag was if someone had painted over.  Just my guess.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Ave Bona Cornwall said:

I'd second that...they certainly aren't mint, but also aren't beat to hell.  I've seen a lot worse for La Scalas (and others).  I think that they might be black originally.  Blacks were just birch underneath the paint.  The black was painted underneath the tag (you can see the outline of where the tag was, which is on top of the black paint).  If they weren't black originally, I don't think you'd be able to see where the tag was if someone had painted over.  Just my guess.

That's true I didn't think of that. 

This is a no brainer purchase for someone building a home theater who is considering a L C R LaScala  trio across the front behind a projection screen.  Finding a third w/ an AL crossover wouldn't be too difficult I would think.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, deep3shot said:

This is a no brainer purchase for someone building a home theater who is considering a L C R LaScala  trio across the front behind a projection screen.  Finding a third w/ an AL crossover wouldn't be too difficult I would think.

I actually bought it with that intention in mind. I wanted LCR La Scala's and had them as mains already so when I was looking for another, I couldn't find anyone willing to just sell one that's why I ended up with two. 

7 hours ago, Ave Bona Cornwall said:

I'd second that...they certainly aren't mint, but also aren't beat to hell.  I've seen a lot worse for La Scalas (and others).

Make mine a third to that.

I thought that when I initially saw the pictures.  They may not be factory fresh, but I have black Khorns and the finish on your black La Scala's aren't all that different from mine.  There are very few pre-owned speakers which are perfect.

If you paid $1,000 for a pair of LS to get a decent center, I think at the very least you paid fair market value, or maybe even did a little better.  If you sell off the single for $500, again that is fair market value. 

If you want to resell them for what you have in them, you are out some time to pick them up, but that is kind of the nature of the buying and selling beast.  Nothing wrong with that.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, jimjimbo said:

Was an actual asking price ever established for these, or did I miss it?

Not really but I guess I'll put it at 800 which is less than I paid. Just trying to recoup most of the money I spent on em. As I said in the original post, I do have a truck and can deliver within a reasonable distance. 

16 hours ago, Klipschunger said:

WOW!!! ... I see the LaScala next to the black one is from the pair I sold you Aaron!!!  haha!  I am picking up some K-Horns this Saturday in NH cuz I miss my Scala's so much!!!!

Btw, how are you liking the ones I sold you mate?

~Scott

I love them! Still just as pristine as the day I took them home!