RIP Carrie Fisher

Mighty Favog

9 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

She died at the age of 60 of a heart attack.  That's possible, but it doesn't seem likely.  I bet there is more to the story.

Actually, its extremely common in cases like hers a long delay between the heart incident and commencement of medical treatment. Reportedly, she was not breathing for several minutes on the aircraft. If you are 55 plus always travel with a couple of chewable 81mg aspirins handy. She would have felt the telltale signs for a few minutes. 

1 minute ago, Wolfbane said:

Actually, its extremely common in cases like hers...respectful Snip!

Point well taken.  She had carried extra weight for some time now and when Star Wars 8 came up she lost a lot of weight fast.  That can put a lot of stress on the heart.

You mentioned "cases like hers..."  I confess what I had in the back of my mind was that she was a heavy drug user in her younger years.  I don't know if she used drugs to deal with the stress of flying or not.  It would be terribly unfair on my part to speculate that, but I do admit, it makes me wonder.

There may not be "more to the story," it may just be a heart attack and no medical services were available.  I feel very sure the media will let us know.

SNIP: " You mentioned "cases like hers..."  I confess what I had in the back of my mind was that she was a heavy drug user in her younger years.  I don't know if she used drugs to deal with the stress of flying or not.  It would be terribly unfair on my part to speculate that, but I do admit, it makes me wonder."

Actually, I was referring to the delay here before medical treatment where every minute counts.

3 hours ago, Wolfbane said:

SNIP: " You mentioned "cases like hers..."  I confess what I had in the back of my mind was that she was a heavy drug user in her younger years.  I don't know if she used drugs to deal with the stress of flying or not.  It would be terribly unfair on my part to speculate that, but I do admit, it makes me wonder."

Actually, I was referring to the delay here before medical treatment where every minute counts.

I know what you meant.  She was on a plane, couldn't get medical attention right away, and that was that.

Sad.

5 minutes ago, Schu said:

wow... I literally just walked in the door from watching Rogue One and I just got online to see this.

much sadness.

Maybe not in this thread, but I'd be interested in your take on Rouge One.  I caught it last week.

4 hours ago, wvu80 said:

She died at the age of 60 of a heart attack.  That's possible, but it doesn't seem likely.  I bet there is more to the story.

RIP Carrie.  The heart attack started on a plane.  This cost valuable time when it is necessary to save precious heart muscle.

Heart Attack statisticshttp://www.allheartattack.com/statistics.php

The statics are sobering that half the people die before hospital Tx.  Time to definitive Tx is crucial.  This will greatly effect the 30 day mortality rate.