WTB Front ported bookshelf speakers

Loudogp250

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Frzninvt said:

Based on your system components KG1's would be a far better choice.  They are sealed.

Really?  I've owned the KG1.5 which are similar to the KG1.  I've owned a TON of Klipsch and the KG 1.5 were probably the least impressive Klipsch speakers I've ever owned.  The RB-61 would be a HUGE improvement over the KG1 and for surrounds, he doesn't have to worry about having them from the same series.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Frzninvt said:

Based on your system components KG1's would be a far better choice.  They are sealed.

I agree if OP wants to keep everything visually matching.  The KG1 is fine for surround duty but other speakers mentioned like the RB-61 would be "better" audibly.

Bill

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Youthman said:

Really?  I've owned the KG1.5 which are similar to the KG1.  I've owned a TON of Klipsch and the KG 1.5 were probably the least impressive Klipsch speakers I've ever owned.  The RB-61 would be a HUGE improvement over the KG1 and for surrounds, he doesn't have to worry about having them from the same series.

They are a better choice since they are more closely timbre' matched to his listed speaker complement.  I would not mix reference with Heritage or extended Heritage regardless of speaker position.  While the rear is not as critical they do contribute to the overall sound and the closer they match timbre' wise the better the system will sound.  You don't even have a pair of monopole rears all you have is reference sound sprayers to complement your stellar front stage.  Timbre' matching your rears will bring your system to another level.

• Moderators

I shared in another thread that Inwas not able to directly AB them but I did have them in the same room with the same gear.  The RB81 sounded ok, I just remember listening to them and was really surprised I was not wowed by the sound they produced.  From every account they should have sounded better but to my ears, they just sounded "Ok".  When I had the RB61, I specifically remember being really impressed with how well the highs were blended in with the lows and how much bottom end they had for only having a 6.5" speaker.

As for only only having sound sprayers, the RS62ii do an incredible job of doing what they were designed to do...to envelop the listener without being able to point out exactly where the speaker is located.

I can't tell you how many times myself, family members and guests have heard something from behind thinking it was real, only to find out it was part of the movie.  

Adding Heresy in my room as surrounds would be ridiculously impractical.  The only upgrade to surrounds I may consider down the road would be from the Cinema Series but hey...those are sound sprayers too.