FS: Onkyo M-282 2 Channel Amplifier

Fizik

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I haven't messed around with amps just stock avrs.  I recently purchased a receiver with pre-outs and was going to dabble in the amp world.  Would it be wise to have the left center right on the same amp or atleast all on amps.  I'm not sure if people do or if it is advisable to put the L and R on the amp and have the center and surrounds run by the avr.  May be a dumb question but just wondering.

I haven't messed around with amps just stock avrs.  I recently purchased a receiver with pre-outs and was going to dabble in the amp world.  Would it be wise to have the left center right on the same amp or atleast all on amps.  I'm not sure if people do or if it is advisable to put the L and R on the amp and have the center and surrounds run by the avr.  May be a dumb question but just wondering.

Your better off keeping the L & R together. So you can have same output and same sound. Some amps can make your speakers sound a little warmer or brighter. I have my L & R on my power amp since I used them for music everyday. I also have my surround on amp. So my AVR is powering the center, surround backs and presence. Keeps AVR much cooler.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nothing dumb at all about your questions.

I have my RF-63's hooked to my Acurus A200 stereo amp and the center and surrounds hooked to my Acurus A200X3.  Really is not much of a difference in my case because the topology is the same in both amps.  I could switch things up and would yield pretty much the same sound/power.

Bill

Nothing dumb at all about your questions.

I have my RF-63's hooked to my Acurus A200 stereo amp and the center and surrounds hooked to my Acurus A200X3.  Really is not much of a difference in my case because the topology is the same in both amps.  I could switch things up and would yield pretty much the same sound/power.

Bill

I know my towers sound warmer with power amp. Brighter with AVR. I like the sound from amp, it's smoother and causes less fAtigue. My center didn't sound good with amp in mono mode. It's really efficient so it doesn't need anything. Sounds good hooked to receiver.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...