AL crossovers

CECAA850

Question for the masses.  As these were my first build, I sent them to Bob to run on his analyzer to be sure I wired them correctly.  Somehow or another I got them right.  He was also curious as to how these caps tested (which metered excellent by the way).  When he ran them he noticed a 4-5 dB hump centered around 400 Hz.  Any ideas?

Dean, look at the blue line.  Yes it is attenuated more than the AA as we expected.  What we did not expect is that before we see that additional attenuation, it went 5 or so db high at first right at 400hz. 

1 minute ago, BEC said:

If that were a problem, we would see that as a change in the value of the inductor.  We do not see that as we have a perfect tweeter curve.

So the woofer and tweeter are perfect.  If I understand correctly, they're exactly the same as an AA.  The only thing different in the mid circuit is the different value of the autoformer and cap.  There has to be some weird interaction between the two hasn't there?  It has to be that or I've done something weird with component orientation.

Yes, as long as the change is not by a large amount (like the case I was asking myself about earlier) depending on the type of crossover.  This is complicated and one needs to read the thread (that I can't find right now).  I hope that is adequately confusing.

6 minutes ago, BEC said:

Yes, as long as the change is not by a large amount (like the case I was asking myself about earlier) depending on the type of crossover.  This is complicated and one needs to read the thread (that I can't find right now).  I hope that is adequately confusing.

OK, wracking my brain here.  What would occur if I didn't get a good clean solder joint on one of the autoformer leads?  There was a coating on them I had to scrape off in order to solder but what if I didn't make a good connection on one of the 3? 

I guess I would have had to make the same mistake on both of them though as the graphs are identical.