AL crossovers

CECAA850

I would give an amount you are willing to spend and go from there. My '89 LS had AL crissovers and I didn't like them much. John Albright sent me the schematic for the DHA2 which he designed and Dean picked up the parts at P.E. and sent them to me. They sound great to me, but then again, I don't listen very loud. What does your brother listen to, how loud?

8uf, 2.5uh and 8 ohm resistor. You do not have to physically remove them just snip the wires that include the extra notch filter components into the circuit. The notch filters are considered the bad guys of the AL crossovers. Take them out and you have an AA. When building another Klipsch crossover from scratch the autotransformers are the expensive parts. This way you do not have to buy new ones to make an AA. Autotransformers and inductors for all intents and purposes do not wear out. Save the old big motor run 8uh caps and 2uf tweeter caps. You may like the sound better with the olds ones. I disagree with some that the old ones are bad. Sometimes sure but not always. 

How would you measure the old big motor run caps to see if they are still good or not? Do you need an LCR meter?