AL crossovers

CECAA850

I'm always searching on concepts I don't understand - it's called "learning".

"In psychotherapy, paradoxical intention is the deliberate practice of a neurotic habit or thought, undertaken to identify and remove it. The concept was termed by Dr. Victor Frankl, the founder of Logotherapy, who advocated for its use by patients experiencing severe forms of anxiety disorders."

I have no idea what "logotherapy" is either - but I will within the next few minutes. :-)

IMG_0574.PNG

• Like 3

I can appreciate restoring this speaker with the stock AL Crossover....if replace caps or Build a new one of the same design.

I had late 80's lascalas that I bought about 10-12 years after production (Around 1999 or 2000).  They sounded horrible.  I bought them unheard and was completely floored with how bad they sound.  I'd had other Klipsch in the past and the la scala was my dream speaker.

Maybe the caps just sucked.......I don't know.  At the time, there wasn't a replacement from Klipsch so I had to seek a replacement of my own.  I wasn't aware of cap replacement information and this forum wasn't well knowledged on updating the AL. 

I'm not telling you where to go from here....just wanted you to know my thoughts on the AL.  This isn't any new statement from me on this.

1 hour ago, Deang said:

Time to bow out - you all have fun. 

Oh no no no!  That post of yours ^^^ (learning) was probably the funniest post of the year!  :lol:

You owe it to the Klipsch Community to keep us entertained!  :emotion-21:  :D  Look at all we have done for you!

(birds chirping) 

+++

Definition of reverse psychology:  (from wvu80-ipedia)  It's like overcoming your fear of heights by jumping out of an airplane.  Easy-peasy! 

1 hour ago, Deang said:

I have no idea what "logotherapy" is either - but I will within the next few minutes. :-)

Meaning of life stuff.  Facing your existential fears, your anxiety is caused by running away from having to face your own death by putting other distractions in your life, like building crossovers, obsessing over how our speakers sound, and hanging out on speaker forums.  :rolleyes:

Once you remove this obstacle to good mental health, you can start to have authentic relationships in your life which will give your life meaning.

If I recall correctly.  :)

57 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

Meaning of life stuff.  Facing your existential fears, your anxiety is caused by running away from having to face your own death by putting other distractions in your life, like building crossovers, obsessing over how our speakers sound, and hanging out on speaker forums.  :rolleyes:

Once you remove this obstacle to good mental health, you can start to have authentic relationships in your life which will give your life meaning.

If I recall correctly.  :)

I got over the "fear of death" thing several years ago - stage III cancer will do that -- I worked my way into acceptance pretty fast. I do have Depression though, which I've had since '97. The anxiety that comes with that is hard to pin down. I sometimes think it's just the stress from feeling like crap all of the time.

Work, hobbies, etc., all of this kind of stuff gives a person a sense of purpose, and a sense of belonging. People who lose those tend to off themselves.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Deang said:

No, I'm a legend in your mind, which is why you guys keep asking me all of these dumbshit questions over and over and over again. ;-)

Hey!  A smiley.  Now you're cooking.

Dean, I think the dumbshit questions are asked by different members every time.  You just can't keep up with who's asked them previously.  I'll make you up a spread sheet.

• Like 2