Heresy II to Tangent 400 VS Crites 1.5T VS Forte II

Lasz

I'd guess looking at the smaller magnet on the vifa tweeters that they are much lower sensitivity which is probably why you never noticed it before. Bad capacitors in the crossovers also tend to dull down the highs a bit so I'd say that is probably where most of the difference comes from, those two things and not the titanium drivers although it should be easy enough to change them back to stock and see for yourself. In my experiences the titanium tweeters are actually smoother than the stock drivers, at least at higher volumes. Glad you finally found the right tweeters for your speakers!

Thanks! :) In the end I got there, even though I had to buy four KP-2500C speakers to get the two tweeters I needed ;)

I just switched to the K-79-K tweeters of the other two speakers, which still have the original diaphragms and for me, the sound is now much easier to listen to. I was just wondering, have you ever heard a difference in sound between these tweeters with and without ferrofluid? Mine have ferrofluid in them and I'm wondering if that does anything to the sound, since K-75 tweeters don't have ferrofluid in them either...

Could it be that K-79-K + ferrofluid + Ti dia yields a slightly higher spl than K-75 without ferrofluid + original dia?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so new progress, I changed the filter settings on my Audio-GD Ref 5.32 DAC from 8X OS to 4X OS, which ever so slightly rolls of the highs and seems (at least top my ears) to give slightly more low end and that seems to balance out the sound even more. I can even use the Ti tweeters now without fatigue.

• Like 1