Setup rp280

Gyfte

Hi all.

Just new to the club.

I got some questions.

So i just building a home theater.

I use a Denon AVR X2300W Receiver

The fronts are Klipsch Rp280

Now since i only have the money to buy 1 extra every time im not sure what to buy first?

Sub? Center? Satellite?

I think center because my front are far from eachother.

I think bass. Because im a bass player and you van never have enough bass.

I think Satellite because of the surround sound.

What would you guys buy first?

Then second question. What are the matching speakers that work best with the rp280. Also budgetwise.

I like a good sound (rock metal) / and watch movies now and then.

Any advice on this is appreciated.

Thx

Yves

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G935F met Tapatalk

First off, welcome.

A note: unless you have to for the sake of WAF, do not buy "satellites" - you have a pair of respectable speakers, don't downplay the system by adding tiny "satellite" surround speakers.

What you buy next depends on your listening habits.  I'd pass on surrounds for now and examine the sub or center, the two most important parts of the setup.  If you're more into movies, I'd go with the center.  If more into music, get the sub.  The suggested speakers would be the RP-450C or the R-115SW respectively there.  The associated surrounds (side) would be the RP-250S and the rear speakers, the RP-160M.

• Like 1

My preference is that if budget is any kind of concern, it's best to build a great 2.1-channel system and forget the rest. That's what I've done and I've been very pleased.

Start with a sub for sure, even bassy speakers like the RP-280F will benefit significantly. You'd be amazed by how much better it gets just adding that extra oomph to the very low end of the bass!

Down the line, keep your RP-280Fs and your subwoofer, then buy a separate power amp and preamp (or a home theater pre/pro, if you're definitely going for surround later on) before you branch out to more speakers. You won't believe how much of a difference that makes coming from a receiver! Just build a killer 2.1 system, you can always turn it into a surround system later. I think you'll get much more fulfillment out of quality 2.1 than decent 5.1 or 7.1.

• Like 1

Sub - First (maybe even 2 subs if you have the budget and are thinking long term)

Center - Second

Surround speakers - Distant 3rd

Refer to Mr. Chris Who Takes Photos ^^^ for an excellent explanation as to "why."

Welcome to the Klipsch Forum.  Much good advice lives here.    :emotion-21::emotion-19::cool:

• Like 1

Hi -

I just bought the same speakers - picked a couple of RP-280F's to upgrade my old Def Techs.  Great speakers.

For me, a good match (as already mentioned):

Center:  Rp-250C

Surround:  RP-250S

Bass: Rp-112SW

I too am big on 2 channel stereo listening for music (actually 2.2 as I bought 2 112SW's).  But I also watch movies, and there are times I want to put in a DTS music video - like Eagles Hell Freezes Over.  So as much as it is important to get good fronts, when you want critical listening in 5 or 7 channel, it is nice to have good speakers throughout the system.

So what you get next depends on your priority - if you are mostly music, then get the sub (or two).  If you are mostly movies, get the center channel AND sub.  Add surrounds later, but realize once you put all these others speakers in place the surrounds will be calling out to you in your sleep ;-)

Note that all this depends on what is driving them to - an upgrade to nice RP's and then driving them with a cheap 40 watt AVR or receiver would be a disservice.  Feed them well and they will show what they can do.

I also plan on getting a Atmos -ready DVR (actually ordered one today), and plan on getting the RP-140S Atmos speaker for the front to get 5.2.2.  Note I could have purchased the RP-280FA and accomplished the Atmos is one fell swoop... but missed that train.

I already have the 280F, 450C and 112SW's in place and I am VERY pleased with the experience - both for music and HT.  You made a good choice.... ;-)

Cheers.

Edited by TImeBandit