Newbie here-need guidance for avs

AudioNewbie

Hello klipschers!

im new to the game. For xmas, i got a pair of Rf-82ii and R-115SW.  I will be adding center speak in near future. I dont have alot of spare cash but wanting a good avr to push them adequately and how they should. I just know the rating of 150w max is out of my budget for a receiver that can push that. Thanks for all the help. Cant wait to hear them

AudioNewbie,

Welcome to the forum.

Very nice speakers and subwoofer.  Make sure you get a minimum of the matching RC-62II or older RC-62.

How large is your room?  Is it a  living/family room or separate theater setup?

Do you play loud?

How many total speakers will you be driving in the near future?

Where is you location, state/country is all needed?

Bill

1 hour ago, willland said:

AudioNewbie,

Welcome to the forum.

Very nice speakers and subwoofer.  Make sure you get a minimum of the matching RC-62II or older RC-62.

How large is your room?  Is it a  living/family room or separate theater setup?

Do you play loud?

How many total speakers will you be driving in the near future?

Where is you location, state/country is all needed?

Bill

9 minutes ago, AudioNewbie said:

I do plan on adding the center speaker, probably the RP-440c

Make sure you get a minimum of the matching RC-62II or older RC-62

I would highly suggest this if at all possible.  Nothing wrong with the RP-440C but the 62 will be "better" timbre matched.

10 minutes ago, AudioNewbie said:

Its a living room. 12x17 feet. And i do enjoy hearing them at a nice level at times.

Not a huge room so a mid level AVR should work just fine. 

What is your budget for an AVR?

Here is a good one for a very good price if Dolby Atmos is not in your near future.

http://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/item/intdtr605/integra-dtr-60.5-9.2-ch-x-135-watts-networking-a/v-receiver/1.html#!specifications

Bill

I would highly suggest this if at all possible.  Nothing wrong with the RP-440C but the 62 will be "better" timbre matched.

Not a huge room so a mid level AVR should work just fine. 

What is your budget for an AVR?

Here is a good one for a very good price if Dolby Atmos is not in your near future.

http://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/item/intdtr605/integra-dtr-60.5-9.2-ch-x-135-watts-networking-a/v-receiver/1.html#!specifications

Bill

Hi bill. Thanks again for the advice. Im trying to top out at 900 if possible. And i would like to add atmos but not need for now. I rather add the surrounds before atmos.m but will take time.

1 minute ago, AudioNewbie said:

Hi bill. Thanks again for the advice. Im trying to top out at 900 if possible. And i would like to add atmos but not need for now. I rather add the surrounds before atmos.m but will take time.

Also.  Nice looking receiver. How do you feel about refurbished items?

I would advise not spending that much on your receiver and get a rc-62ii new while you can to match your towers. The 440c isn't as good of a center and doesn't match timbre at all. 

Ive owned the 82 home theater many times. A good 4-500$ receiver will run them great. 900 is a little spendy in my opinion unless you just gotta have extra features. 

11 minutes ago, Scrappydue said:

I would advise not spending that much on your receiver and get a rc-62ii new while you can to match your towers. The 440c isn't as good of a center and doesn't match timbre at all. 

Ive owned the 82 home theater many times. A good 4-500$ receiver will run them great. 900 is a little spendy in my opinion unless you just gotta have extra features. 

Ok thats again great help as i didnt know the rc-62ii is matched with my 82iis. So no need to cough up for the 64ii?  And for a receiver in that range, what is the lowest watts per channel would you stay away from?

6 hours ago, Youthman said:

Welcome to the forums.  Yes, the RF-82ii are great all around speakers.

I agree with Bill, RC-62ii is the way to go.  Teaman just posted that the RC-62ii is on sale today - Link

I'm not sure how much the coupon code is.

Holy cow how posted with coupon code that center is like 135$ or something close to that. That's a steal and a half.