Accessoriesforless...good or bad?

AudioNewbie

1 minute ago, willland said:

A4Less is a factory authorized reseller of most of the brands they sell including Onkyo/Integra, Denon/Marantz, Yamaha, Boston Acoustics, Canton, KEF.

Bill

Yes, and I didn't mean to give the impression of anything otherwise. My point with Marantz/Denon was that they are THE factory authorized re-seller for those brands.

1 minute ago, Thaddeus Smith said:

Yes, and I didn't mean to give the impression of anything otherwise. My point with Marantz/Denon was that they are THE factory authorized re-seller for those brands.

No problem.  I just did the research for my own verification.:unsure::D  I was not sure about all of their brands and there are a few that are not verified on their website.

Bill

4 hours ago, AudioNewbie said:

Yes. Well. Any thoughts on the Denon avr-x2300w or the onkyo tx-nr757?

From 2014 I have the older model Onk 717, 110 wpc and same general price range.  My Onk gets daily use and has had zero problems and works well with my Korns. 

When I first got it I found the amount of listening modes overwhelming, but I was new to 7.x at the time.  I bought it because it will bi-amp the front L/R and I wanted Audyssey room correction.  It has tons of features and sounds great.  I don't know if the proprietary room correction works or not on the new models, I have no experience with it.

BE CAREFUL in reading the Onkyo power specs.  You will see a big number, but if you read the rest of the blurb you'll find that is with ONE CHANNEL DRIVEN.  I find that a bit deceptive.  See below, bolding mine.

Onkyo's dynamic audio amplification delivers massive power at 180 W/Ch (6 Ohms, 1 kHz, 0.9% THD, 1 Channel Driven)/ 110 W/Ch (8 Ohms, 20 Hz–20 kHz, 0.08% THD, 2 Channels Driven).

https://www.amazon.com/Onkyo-TX-NR757-7-2-Channel-Network-Receiver/dp/B01D9MFL9A/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1483212143&sr=8-1&keywords=onkyo+tx+nr757

1 hour ago, wvu80 said:

BE CAREFUL in reading the Onkyo power specs.  You will see a big number, but if you read the rest of the blurb you'll find that is with ONE CHANNEL DRIVEN.  I find that a bit deceptive.  See below, bolding mine.

From what I have seen, most mfr's do this to some degree with their lower tier models.  The likes of NAD, Anthem, Cambridge Audio, Arcam, do not.

Bill

Bought my Denon 3200x from there but through amazon because there wasn't any new ones but it was faulty, front right channel was out had to send it back to amazon but customer service was great got immediate refund ordered th 3300x which newer model, brand new for 600, it was a 1000 dollar receiver but the hooked me up good because of the hassle.. never ever will buy a used shit, especially if you are investing in a new toy for long term.. just get the new one and save yourself the headache

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

I have bought from them multiple times over the years and always had good experiences.  I have talked to the owner a couple of times and he's been a reasonable and nice guy, too.  The only bummer for me is having to pay Florida sales tax.

• Like 1

I have an onkyo TX NR-838 and it runs at 130 watts. I bought it from Nebraska Furniture Mart in KC and I love it!

The NR-757 is the next model down and I was considering it until NFM lowered the price to $849. There isn't to much difference between the two from what little I remember.

As far as the B stock or refurbished goes I think that all depends on the manufacturer or what was wrong with it in the first place. I have a refurbished older Harmon Kardon AVR that I've had running perfect for over 13 year's and it still performs flawlessly. The only reason I upgraded was for hdmi and atmos.

So that's my experience and I hope it helps somebody.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk