What next for home theater?

RX8

I've got RP160's, RP250C, some cheap surrounds and an SVS SB2000. Love the RP160's. Listen a lot in 2 channel for music and the speakers sound much larger than they are. 

I would like to enhance the home theater.  The sound stage is fine as-is. The sub is plenty loud enough for me. However, the current cheap surrounds cant keep up as I can barely hear them. Looking to the experts to see what you would recommend.

My initial thoughts are another pair of RP160's for the rear. They would be placed about 5 feet behind the seating area. I was thinking maybe RP240S but I really don't have any space on the sides for proper setup. Plus, they are so expensive compared to bookshelves. So, do I get RP160's?  If bipolar/dipoles do I look for an older reference, such as RS25 or RS35 instead of RP240/250S?

Suggestions appreciated. Thanks!

Im kinda in your boat, not in a great room for surrounds for the sides in my 7.1. Would love to hear feedback as well. I have read the RS 35 is a good option for surrounds, but finding them an getting a good deal is key. I have personally always bought new, but am open to buying used for this just because they arent main speakers and im not in a great place for them to begin with.

Currently using new RS 61 iis for fronts, RC 62 ii for center, non klipsch sub, and quintets for sides and rears. Honestly they are doing fine, but you cant know what sounds better til you hear it in action in your own room, so im sure they could be better, deeper, bassier

17 hours ago, RX8 said:

My initial thoughts are another pair of RP160's for the rear. They would be placed about 5 feet behind the seating area. I was thinking maybe RP240S but I really don't have any space on the sides for proper setup. Plus, they are so expensive compared to bookshelves. So, do I get RP160's?  If bipolar/dipoles do I look for an older reference, such as RS25 or RS35 instead of RP240/250S?

I'd get some of the 240/250S for the sides.  Eventually you can get towers and move the 160's behind you but if you're hurting for space on the sides already I wouldn't get a direct firing horn and put there, the people in the outside seats will hate you.  

Update - I picked up a new pair of RB61 ii with a Fry's promo for $199 shipped that I will try as surround. Figure at that price if I don't like it I can sell them and try something else. I will eventually get RP240S/250S to fill out the home theater. 

On 1/7/2017 at 9:16 AM, RX8 said:

Update - I picked up a new pair of RB61 ii with a Fry's promo for $199 shipped that I will try as surround. Figure at that price if I don't like it I can sell them and try something else. I will eventually get RP240S/250S to fill out the home theater. 

When was the RB61 deal? I've seen it referenced a couple of times and thought it was old until now.

The deal was the 7th and 8th, posted in Alerts. However, late on the 7th they were still $199 but no longer showed with shipping as an option (in store only). We've learned that with Fry's you need to get an order in quick because they limit the number for the free shipping 

44 minutes ago, RX8 said:

The deal was the 7th and 8th, posted in Alerts. However, late on the 7th they were still $199 but no longer showed with shipping as an option (in store only). We've learned that with Fry's you need to get an order in quick because they limit the number for the free shipping 

Yeah, I found that out with the Subwoofer deal that started today. Mad, I missed the RB-61s though. Lesson learned.

15 minutes ago, Skillz4lif said:

Yeah, I found that out with the Subwoofer deal that started today. Mad, I missed the RB-61s though. Lesson learned.

Where you located?  The RB61 are still available in just about all Fry's locations. The sub is in Vegas, Phoenix and Tempe locations. 

1 hour ago, RX8 said:

So, I've only been looking at the garage sale forum and never clicked on Alerts until you mentioned it. Oh well.