Denon avr-3200w with klipsch??

AudioNewbie

That unit looks awesome.  Up to 7.2, 105 wpc which is plenty of horsepower for Klipsch speakers.  You get Audyssey Silver Multi-EQ XT, tons of features.  What's not to like?  Let your ears be your guide, I think you are going to like this a lot.

+++

Have you set up a modern AVR with Audyssey before?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

That unit looks awesome.  Up to 7.2, 105 wpc which is plenty of horsepower for Klipsch speakers.  You get Audyssey Silver Multi-EQ XT, tons of features.  What's not to like?  Let your ears be your guide, I think you are going to like this a lot.

+++

Have you set up a modern AVR with Audyssey before?

oh thank you..thats a sigh of relief..im really counting on tips and guidance on this site. The specs seem great and over 100 wpc it seems like a great deal for under $700. I have never heard or used audyssey until starting my research on Klipsch then  avr's.  Is is difficult and do you like it?

I love it.

It's all automatic.  A mic will come bundled with the Denon.  Mount the mic on a tripod, not the chair and don't hold it with your hand.  The mic is pointed straight up, not at the speakers.  The on-screen display (OSD) instructions will tell you what to do. 

You will be given  a choice of 1-3 seating positions.  If you want to simplify, choose 1, the seat YOU sit in (your wife will never notice).  It will poll every speaker with white noise and will measure how they bounce off the walls and ceilings in your house.  It will tell you when you're done, save the settings, then simply unplug the mic.  You are good to go with calibrated speakers customized to your speakers in your living room.

Don't try to second guess the settings, just listen to your speakers and enjoy.  You can check the settings in the OSD.  If you have questions about the settings chosen, feel free to come here and ask what they mean.  The settings sometimes won't meet with your common sense, but Audyssey knows what its doing and does a darn good job of making all those Klipsch speakers play nice together.

Your Denon is very simple, but very sophisticated and can be complicated at the same time.  Go slow and get used to it, it can be overwhelming if you let it.  If you have questions, ask.  Many of us here use that technology and experience can save you time.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

I love it.

It's all automatic.  A mic will come bundled with the Denon.  Mount the mic on a tripod, not the chair and don't hold it with your hand.  The mic is pointed straight up, not at the speakers.  The on-screen instructions will tell you what to do.  You will be given  a choice of 1-3 seating positions.  If you want to simplify, choose 1, the seat YOU sit in (your wife will never notice).  It will poll every speaker with white noise and will measure how they bounce off the walls and ceilings in your house.  It will tell you when you're done, you unplug the mic.

Don't try to second guess the settings, just listen to your speakers and enjoy.  You can check the settings in the OSD.  If you have questions about the settings chosen, ASK.  The settings sometimes won't meet with your common sense, but Audyssey knows what its doing and does a darn good job of making all those Klipsch speakers play nice together.

Your Denon is very simple, but very sophisticated and can be complicated at the same time.  Go slow and get used to it, it can be overwhelming if you let it.  If you have questions, ask.  Many of us here use that technology and experience can save you time.

Thanks Dave. Just makes me more excited to see what I'm getting into. Thanks for taking the time to explain. Everything that I have read about audyssey, i haven't heard one complaint. I should have the system all delivered by Jan 10th. I also ordered a panamax 9 outlet surge protector. hope that wasn't a waste of money.  Thanks again for all the advice!!

No problem.

I am new to AVR having updated to my Onkyo 717 in 2014.  It came with a basic version of Audyssey.  Audyssey was very easy to set up and use, but I came from the 2-channel world and the amount of features and choices completely overwhelmed me.  Do you know the difference in sound between Theater Dimensional and Dolby D Music?  I sure didn't, and there were another dozen or so variations where that came from. 

The advice I gave you I took myself.  I went slow and experimented to see what I liked. 

It took me literally, months to settle on what sounded good in my living room with my speakers, my AVR, to my ears.  Every time I screwed with the settings and made the sound worse, I re-ran Audyssey and order was restored.  Quick and simple.

My biggest challenge was to re-learn what sound the 5.x speakers were supposed to sound like.  It is NOT what the old stereo speakers sounded like, and it took me a long time to figure out that concept.  It took a lot of people here explaining a lot of things to me.  The people on the Klipsch forum were absolutely the best at getting out of the last century and  helping me adjust to 21st century audio. 

Not an expert, but I'm much better now.  B)

• Like 2

7 hours ago, AudioNewbie said:

Ok so I pulled the plug and bought the Denon AVR-3200W.  Using all klipsch speakers.  Anyone has this receiver or thoughts? Would be much apprecriated before return policy expires. Thanks

Dave pretty much nailed it, handy guy.

I think you will love this setup.....congrats.

• Like 1