R14s Grills

phillmartin

Welcome to the forums.  Are you sure they are fixed?  Looking online, they show holes for the grill pegs.  The only series I knew of that did not have removable grills were the Icon Series.

81HC1QHbziL._SL1500_.jpg

Those are the bookshelf speakers. I was looking at the surrounds. R14S20170102_134510.thumb.png.fd0c1317d5f3ebScreenshot_20170102-134345.thumb.png.63e

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Just now, Dkfan9 said:

I assume somehow it's cheaper to make it non removable. And maybe they don't finish the baffle to save costs? I'm sure you could remove it... Just might not be so easy to put back on...

Do not know but would proceed with caution. Youthman may weigh into that idea.

• 1 month later...
On 1/2/2017 at 0:41 PM, Youthman said:

Welcome to the forums.  Are you sure they are fixed?  Looking online, they show holes for the grill pegs.  The only series I knew of that did not have removable grills were the Icon Series.

81HC1QHbziL._SL1500_.jpg

I'm just curious and trying to learn something.  Was there a version of the Icons that didn't have removable grills?  My former KF-28's and KC-25 had removable grills.

IMG_0104.thumb.JPG.559517844d8a119a32c37be77d530827.JPG

My later post clarified it was the r14s rather than r14m. I ended up buying a pair of RS-10 which should compliment my room well. And they have removable grills. I just forgot to get a wall mount for them, so I have to wait another day while it gets delivered.

Does anyone know why the grills are fixed and can't be removed? I've been spying these for surrounds as I have a 3.1 system currently. It seems odd that I can't show off and match the gorgeous copper woofers with the rest of the system.

You can remove the grills be removing the 4 Torx T15 screws in the back of the speakers then slide the cover off. But it is slightly unfinished inside. You may have to add some satin or semi gloss black paint to finish the look off. See photo below. fce3266120d04354fea7bf28ecf42a7e.jpg

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk