RP-260F - No highs from tweeters

mwyse

This is somewhat hard to believe.  As stated before, we ordered the towers through Crutchfield where the tech suggested to remove the tweeters and check connections.  We did and they both had one leg disconnected.  Once connected they sounded great!  Now for the sub- it came through Amazon.   Once the return of the sub was ordered, Amazon replied "we apologize for your inconvenience.   Just keep the subwoofer, do not send it back and we'll call it good".  What!? Check...double check and yes, we now have two Klipsch subs!  Holy cow!  I would love to run two subs with our sound.  We have a decent room to do it in.  Anyone doing that?   The 'free' sub will have to be wireless due to room config.  Looking for options.......

Suggestions?

Great score.  Luck is now on your side.

Try placing each sub next to your towers, inside or outside.  Then go from there.  You may find that your smoothest option is not the option with the most output/extension.  Trial and error.

Bill

• 4 years later...
On 1/4/2017 at 10:42 AM, mwyse said:

So, we pulled the tweeter.  NOT HOOKED UP!  Either of them!  Hooked them up and the sound check with properly hooked up tweeters was AWESOME!

I am having same issue with one of me new rp-8000f! Could you please let me know what pulling the tweeter and hooking it up means?

37 minutes ago, Aragorn said:

I am having same issue with one of me new rp-8000f! Could you please let me know what pulling the tweeter and hooking it up means?

That poster hasn't been back to the forum since 2017.

They're talking about removing the tweeter horn through the motor board (cabinet front) and checking to make sure both positive and negative wires are connected to the speaker.

59 minutes ago, Aragorn said:

call the dealer firsthand , they can either replace the speakers or send a technician over to fix it ,