*cough* CES 2017 *cough*

Chad

Very unique new product line-up - some pretty neat products there.

I wonder if the RF-7 III uses the same drivers and crossover as the RF-7 II.  The 10" drivers look the same.  The announcement only mentions "aesthetics and styling" updates and a new horn design (looks like the RP horn).

It would be cool if the new horn design could be retrofit to the RF-7 II, assuming it is an audible improvement.

• Like 2

Whoa, cool!

As a consumer, you get so accustomed to disappointment that you start to expect it after a while, so it was great to keep scrolling and seeing more and more awesome things. I'm most excited for the Forte III, especially with that grille/cabinet design. It's a very cool modern-retro look that nobody else could pull off with such authenticity. I do wonder about that woofer cone though, it looks awfully shiny through the fabric. Maybe it's a similar design to the ones on the Fifteens? I'd dig that.

Speaking of, the Fifteens are super cool looking, what a visual statement! Between those, the Sixes (very handsome!) and the One and Three (love the tophat look!) you guys are doing everything right about tackling modern listening without losing everything Klipsch does right. The Heritage headphones look fantastic too, the Klipsch design language is very strong across all these new products.

RF 7 III looks really cool too, I worried the RF7 was going to be discontinued again so it's nice to see that it's instead being updated. I look forward to hearing more about all of it.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, chriswhotakesphotos said:

RF 7 III looks really cool too, I worried the RF7 was going to be discontinued again so it's nice to see that it's instead being updated. I look forward to hearing more about all of it.

Chad left us all hanging about that 6 months ago when the Klipschites saw the RF7 II being heavily discounted and we all speculated it was being discontinued.  Chad knew the RF7 III was in the works and deliberately didn't tell us.

Didn't you Chad?  Didn't you?  :rolleyes:

21 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

Chad left us all hanging about that 6 months ago when the Klipschites saw the RF7 II being heavily discounted and we all speculated it was being discontinued.  Chad knew the RF7 III was in the works and deliberately didn't tell us.

I knew:D

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ski Bum said:

Original forte used an exponential similar (same?) to Heresy and CW.  The forte II used a larger hybrid tractrix profile horn, which was also shared with the Chorus II and Quartet.  It would be nice if the FIII had an even larger mid horn, one that would hold a pattern lower, and allow a lower woof-to-mid crossover frequency.

I was more wondering driver size, since that's specifically called out as larger. I can't seem to find that detail in spec sheets or reviews for FI/FII.

EDIT: Found it. 1.75" based on other K-53 mids.

Edited by Dkfan9

1 hour ago, wvu80 said:

Yes

• Klipsch Employees
13 minutes ago, Deang said:

That's the size of the voice coil, not the exit of the compression driver. 

Does the FIII have a passive radiator?

If PK didn't design it or name it - it's not "Heritage". Sorry. 

Yep. You are sorry. Pwk must have had you on speed dial....

• Like 2

I am very glad to see that there will be more great Klipsch products built in your country. I go out of my way to purchase products made in Canada, the U.K. and the  USA . All about quality, supporting your own and those close to you. In the new climate, the marketing folks should bang the made in USA gong loud and hard. This will do nothing but help the brand as well as the hard working folk who make this happen.

• Like 3

• Administrators
9 hours ago, wvu80 said:

Actually, no. I really had no idea. I'm not usually privy to new products being developed until we are close to releasing them or getting them ready for CES. I'm just a lowly Web Guy™.

That said, even if I did know something, I wouldn't have risked my job by mentioning it here. ;)

• Like 2

• Chad unfeatured this topic
  • Chad unpinned this topic