*cough* CES 2017 *cough*

Chad

46 minutes ago, Rxonmymind said:

...do the RFs have metal cones?

I'm curious...why would you want this?  It is looks only?

5 hours ago, Chad said:

Actually, no. I really had no idea. I'm not usually privy to new products being developed until we are close to releasing them or getting them ready for CES. I'm just a lowly Web Guy™.

That said, even if I did know something, I wouldn't have risked my job by mentioning it here. ;)

OK, I take you at your word.  B)  You just sound like you know cool inside stuff.  And the more you refuse to answer, the cooler you seem to be.  Very clever. 

We're on to you, but we won't say anything.  Mum's the word.  ;)

It's weird - the newer subwoofer plate amps are pretty solid, but the other stuff seems to have issues. I'm willing to risk it though - it looks like a great design.

Familiar with the new NAD D 3020? 

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_745D3020/NAD-D-3020.html?tp=34948&awcp=1t1&awcr=105211353803&awdv=m&awkw=nad+3020&awmt=p&awnw=g

4 hours ago, Chris A said:

I'm curious...why would you want this?  It is looks only?

Nope. Don't care for metal cones/woofers. That's why I'm asking. I don't like their current metal speakers cones. Too bright, to much ring to them. Imho.

But it's cheaper to stamp some aluminum than produce some woven carbon fiber or Kevlar cones.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

The 15's are definitely cool looking but the amps scare me too.

I was talking to cory about this last night. If the amp failed and could not be fixed you would be forced to go active from that point on. Or have a passive crossover designed by someone. 

Just now, Scrappydue said:

I was talking to cory about this last night. If the amp failed and could not be fixed you would be forced to go active from that point on. Or have a passive crossover designed by someone. 

Exactly.  I'm pretty much out on these but in love with the 7III's and Forte III's.

Chad, do you know...wait a minute, you're the wrong one to ask.

Roy, Chief, if you're tuning in still and don't mind answering questions, are the Fifteen's fully active, or 'amplified passive speakers' a la the R-15PM?  Are there any plans for a passive version, for the tube nuts and others who may not be as interested in the electronics as the speakers?

• Moderators
15 minutes ago, Ski Bum said:

Roy, Chief, if you're tuning in still and don't mind answering questions, are the Fifteen's fully active, or 'amplified passive speakers' a la the R-15PM?  Are there any plans for a passive version, for the tube nuts and others who may not be as interested in the electronics as the speakers?

@Chief bonehead

• Klipsch Employees
52 minutes ago, Ski Bum said:

sorry.  not my deal.  dont know anything about those.

• Chad unfeatured this topic
  • Chad unpinned this topic