*cough* CES 2017 *cough*

Chad

2 hours ago, Grizzog said:

Wow. $3,800 a pair for the RF-7 III. I'm sorry, but you'd have to be crazy to buy those over the Forte III.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Please help me understand this.  Do I understand correctly that the RF-7 III and Forte III will have the same price?   What are their relative merits?  Which would be better for classical music and opera, assuming average size room, and driven by tubes?

• Moderators
40 minutes ago, Chief bonehead said:

We will have a pair to listen to at the pilgrimage. My pair..... :)

They should be renamed,  the Klipsch "Delgado" followed in very small type that says "(Forte III)".  They are, after all, relatively thin.

I hope you consider expanding upon this and coming up with a Delgado II, a powered pair,  with internal active crossovers, phono preamp, etc.  Plug and play, just like the 15.  

I'm excited to hear the 15's a little more since they have a much lower price point than I thought. Also excited to hear the forte 3 since it's sounding like Roy is the man with the plan on those. Excited to see the new veneer 115 finally to match the 7iii. Hope it's a rsw-15 rendition really. 

Also the new little sabre dac integrated amp is intriguing to me as well. 

Well done klipsch. Let's get busy on making this stuff actually happen. 

• Klipsch Employees
14 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

They should be renamed,  the Klipsch "Delgado" followed in very small type that says "(Forte III)".  They are, after all, relatively thin.

I hope you consider expanding upon this and coming up with a Delgado II, a powered pair,  with internal active crossovers, phono preamp, etc.  Plug and play, just like the 15.  

Naw. I just a speaker guy. 

• Like 2

• Moderators
21 minutes ago, Chief bonehead said:

Naw. I just a speaker guy. 

My mistake.  I bought a pair of speakers from some guy in Hope several years ago,, it was available with amps with built in active crossovers, programmed with 3 sets of settings he had personally tested; the system was engineered from top to bottom by this one dude.  

Is he still around?  I bet he could do it.

Who designed the EC-1?  

• Moderators
21 minutes ago, Wolfbane said:

Having blue tooth, etc. does nothing for me either. Give me a good pair of Belles to hookup to a tube amp and I'm happy. :)

Unfortunately we are a dying breed .  The industry numbers seem to suggest that for every one of us, there are 8 to 10 who want powered, plug and play systems.  

• Like 1

• Klipsch Employees
18 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

My mistake.  I bought a pair of speakers from some guy in Hope several years ago,, it was available with amps with built in active crossovers, programmed with 3 sets of settings he had personally tested; the system was engineered from top to bottom by this one dude.  

Is he still around?  I bet he could do it.

Who designed the EC-1?  

Kerry. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
57 minutes ago, robert_kc said:

Please help me understand this.  Do I understand correctly that the RF-7 III and Forte III will have the same price?   What are their relative merits?  Which would be better for classical music and opera, assuming average size room, and driven by tubes?

I can't answer the technical stuff, I am sure all of that will follow and can be debated and compared, in time.

I do know this, the designer of the Forte I and the Delgado  (Forte III) can have any kind of Klipsch speakers he wants, with any drivers he wants, with any crossovers he wants, and he is going to grab the first pair of stock Delgados off the line.  Based on that, I think it is safe to say that La Bohéme is going to be pretty mind blowing through a pair of  those.

Travis

• Klipsch Employees
15 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

Unfortunately we are a dying breed .  The industry numbers seem to suggest that for every one of us, there are 8 to 10 who want powered, plug and play systems.  

I don't know about that. I think that once you get to a certain price point, people began to understand that discrete components offer the best audio nirvana. And then the fun part?  Getting to put all that together. 

• Like 2

• Moderators
13 minutes ago, Chief bonehead said:

I don't know about that. I think that once you get to a certain price point, people began to understand that discrete components offer the best audio nirvana. And then the fun part?  Getting to put all that together. 

Completely agree.  Kids are dumb, we all know that, but don't they drive the audio market? 

But the industry figures show that dollars spent on hi fi shrunk 50% from 2000 to 2010.  In that same time period headphone sales grew 10 fold, with a total market of $2 billion, 4 times the size of  entire hi-fi market combined.  (The US market for head phones in 2016 is expected to exceed $4 billion),

Kids drive the audio market don't they?  We keep trying to tell them they don't know how to listen to music, they are doing it all wrong, and kids these days just don't listen.

Bluetooth powered speakers are expected to have a market of $7 billion by 2019.

The customer is always right.  If he wants a pair of passive Delgados he can hook up to tubes, so be it.  If his kid wants a pair for his dorm room he can plug in a record player or stream audio from, whatever source, without having to lug all the other stuff around, so be it.  

I would like to see the day return when the guy with Klipsch in his dorm room had the best system on campus, and everyone wanted them. I could care less if he prefers vinyl, active crossovers , blue tooth or anything else, as long as he has USA Klipsch.  If they are made in the USA, and what he wants, it is fine by me.

When he graduates and makes the big money he can get a new set of Jubes and  discrete components  and fret over whether he should have gone with tube amps,  two way, three way, active or passive.

It seems to me that bringing back the Delgado is a very exciting event, and if the 15 isn't made in the USA, I would rather have the features of the 15 available in a Klipsch product that is, and the Delgado seems perfect for it. I'm just glad you got to get your hands on the Forte.

So when will the first pair be ready?  Will they be available in African Mahogany?

• Like 1

• Administrators
12 hours ago, IbizaFlame said:

Didn't Chad just say tentatively Q3?

12 hours ago, dwilawyer said:

Yes, but @Chad claims he doesn't know anything (personally I think Chad runs the whole thing from behind the curtain, or at least overhears from his central vantage point).

I was literally just going off what the info placard in the booth photo said. :lol:

Just beautiful equipment, Forte III's, retro personified. Glad to see the Heritage/Extended Heritage get some attention. Love the headphones, too bad I just bought a pair of R-6 over the ears. This stuff should sell itself, just needs to get in front of the consumer.

I'll be stashing cash for the F3 AKA Delgado lol. I like everything I have seen so far, like others have said the 15 is cool but that amp scares me wish they would have designed a modular setup so it would be easy to swap out if it ever fails.

• Like 1

• Chad unfeatured this topic
  • Chad unpinned this topic