*cough* CES 2017 *cough*

Chad

Forte's were what I wanted 6 months ago. I didn't have any used Forte's in my area to listen to.  So I bought Heresy III's instead. All I see is good reviews on the older Forte's

Looks like I'll be saving $3600 to buy these in cherry. 

After that.......I'm done!!!......Hopefully. 

• Like 3

• Moderators
40 minutes ago, mike stehr said:

Was the Leben integrated tube amplifier just a display, or was it actually used?

Wires connected to the terminals would suggest it was connected to something.  But that is the main floor and not their listening room, they had it hooked up to Cary in listening room.  

5 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

Wires connected to the terminals would suggest it was connected to something.  But that is the main floor and not their listening room, they had it hooked up to Cary in listening room.  

I guess I should have paid more attention to that...:rolleyes: I'm guessing that's a 3.5mm headphone to RCA jack laying atop the cabinet next to the Leben, so maybe someone can connect a mobile phone or some other type of source to the amplifier.

...a guess... I listened to the video of the black pair with the Cary amp.

Hats off to Roy for the Forte III, those are beautiful speakers.

• Like 1

Great job overall by Klipsch! I love the Heritage-inspired look for the portable speakers and I'm already trying to think of ways to convince myself that I need The Fifteens.  The only thing I'm not totally sold on is the looks of the RF-7iii, though that is probably a good thing as the last thing I need to do is start thinking of upgrading the 7ii's that I just bought 18 months ago....

• Like 1

I absolutely love all of the new products being shown.  I think it's easy for companies to upgrade what they already have, but to actually pay attention to what their loyal fans/customers are dreaming to see is very impressive.  I think showcasing these products and how they are displayed, adds a feeling of poshness to the brand.  The wood veneer adds so much instead of a solid color.  

I think The Fifteens may be the ones that I am most interested in from CES this year.  I am a little surprised they are active speakers since so many people spend lots of time and money on an amplifier that is perfect for the speaker they are driving.  

Also, will there be another run of the walnut Pro-Ject Turntable?  I thought that maybe with all of the Heritage line releases and new products that could easily fall into the Heritage look that the turntable may be brought back.

• Like 1

I scanned through all the pages and am not seeing a price for The Fifteens.  Now, I have been known to overlook information occasionally, so if I missed it, I apologize.  

Anyone know the price on The Fifteens?

Thanks!

I scanned through all the pages and am not seeing a price for The Fifteens.  Now, I have been known to overlook information occasionally, so if I missed it, I apologize.  

Thanks!

$3,000 per pair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, lakedmb said:

Thanks!

Most will be 3rd quarter release. From the videos posted anyways. 

On 1/6/2017 at 7:14 AM, Grizzog said:

Companies don't compete with the used market. You can get most anything cheaper used. This then comes with all the fun of what used can mean: ruined finish, veneer chips, dents, busted drivers, etc.

Most of us here have some used gear and have updated/fixed them in some way. However, not all consumers want to do this, nor would they have the time or even knowledge.

A NEW speaker with everything working and in perfect shape is fantastic. Even though I do own some used gear, I will be buying these and have myself a set of pristine and amazing sounding speakers.

True. They don't compete. However, the legacy they leave behind can be a HUGE influence on future generations and their purchases. 

Just look at all the used gear we buy and how it determines our impressions on the quality of that gear and whether we'd buy it again. 

• Chad unfeatured this topic
  • Chad unpinned this topic